Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is SRU...???

Why is SRU not ranked in the Top 25 in either of the two major national polls?? Their only loss was that "flukey" loss to Shippensburg. Just asking! Rebuttal?

Re: Why is SRU...???

Very good question. Rodney Dangerfield of D2- No Respect!!!

I'm sure a lot of voters do not even know how they lost; they just see a loss against a team that is below .500

Schedule not very strong with "Ville, Seton Hill and Kentucky State.

Beat IUP who is still ranked in AFCA Coaches Poll, beat the team that was the first to beat IUP; bigger question how is IUP still ranked??; there also a couple of other 2 loss teams that are ranked as well.

Win tomorrow and next week; then they will be ranked!

Comment

Now, I do think you should be top-25. But let's not quibble over the nature of the loss; we had you on the ropes in the first half, let you off the deck in the second. And you guys did make the fatal error.

Come to think of it, we had Post on the ropes too before roughing-the-punter on a bad snap late. Hmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
        Now, I do think you should be top-25. But let's not quibble over the nature of the loss; we had you on the ropes in the first half, let you off the deck in the second. And you guys did make the fatal error.

Come to think of it, we had Post on the ropes too before roughing-the-punter on a bad snap late. Hmmmmm.
        Would love to know when ship had Post on the ropes? The game was back and forth all game. Post had a long touchdown pass late to take the lead then Ship responded with a very long pass to go back up.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
          Very good question. Rodney Dangerfield of D2- No Respect!!!

I'm sure a lot of voters do not even know how they lost; they just see a loss against a team that is below .500

Schedule not very strong with "Ville, Seton Hill and Kentucky State.

Beat IUP who is still ranked in AFCA Coaches Poll, beat the team that was the first to beat IUP; bigger question how is IUP still ranked??; there also a couple of other 2 loss teams that are ranked as well.

Win tomorrow and next week; then they will be ranked!

That's just it ... the nature of the loss doesn't mean a thing. It's a win or a loss. To the outsiders that vote ... all that matters.

But, ... the beauty pageant polls are meaningless anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

wasn't quibbling (did not address losing stud RB on second play or losing First String QB on last play of first half)

just happy it (bad snap) did not happen during PSAC West play.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
              wasn't quibbling (did not address losing stud RB on second play or losing First String QB on last play of first half)

just happy it (bad snap) did not happen during PSAC West play.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X