Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock at New Haven

Any thoughts?

I know West Chester lost its starting QB in the loss to New Haven, but that had nothing to do with the Chargers scoring 35 points on a defense that had us completely flummoxed a week earlier. That's worrisome. Offensively, we've left a lot to be desired the last two weeks. The play calling has to improve if we want to win Saturday. With our athletes, we should be scoring more than 10 and 17 points a game. I don't think less than 20 will cut it this weekend.

I know I really called into question whether Lutz was the right guy for this job after the Shippensburg loss, but he's done a great job of getting these guys refocused week in and week out. As bad as we looked against West Chester, he had the players ready to go in the playoffs. Kudos to him for that.

Anybody from New Haven want to chime in about things those of us traveling should know (parking, seating, places to eat, etc)? Looking forward to a good game and hoping for a heat wave in New England. Go Rock!

Re: Slippery Rock at New Haven

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
    Any thoughts?

I know West Chester lost its starting QB in the loss to New Haven, but that had nothing to do with the Chargers scoring 35 points on a defense that had us completely flummoxed a week earlier. That's worrisome. Offensively, we've left a lot to be desired the last two weeks. The play calling has to improve if we want to win Saturday. With our athletes, we should be scoring more than 10 and 17 points a game. I don't think less than 20 will cut it this weekend.

I know I really called into question whether Lutz was the right guy for this job after the Shippensburg loss, but he's done a great job of getting these guys refocused week in and week out. As bad as we looked against West Chester, he had the players ready to go in the playoffs. Kudos to him for that.

Anybody from New Haven want to chime in about things those of us traveling should know (parking, seating, places to eat, etc)? Looking forward to a good game and hoping for a heat wave in New England. Go Rock!
    Play calling definitely needs to pick up.

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

Comment

Get ready for Blue turf!!!

Comment

Agreed. The talent of our players has masked a lot of the (ie: play-calling and decision-making)
            Actually I think the coaching staff won this game, I haven't been a big fan of the DC; but his gameplan was very good, blitzed a lot more and took advantage of Post's banged up OL. We give them (coaching staff) hell when they screw up; but when they deserve props, we should acknowledge that as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
              To me the play calling is to jus manage the game

well let's be honest, your brother has not played too well lately, manage the game is not a bad thing (means no turnovers). I think he is trying too hard and trying to do everything himself. ; in the middle of season he was just reacting and not thinking too much and letting his athletic ability take over.

this week needs to be the same as middle of season, New Haven blitzes a lot, he is going to have limited time to go through his reads, and if it is not there take off

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                well let's be honest, your brother has not played too well lately, manage the game is not a bad thing (means no turnovers). I think he is trying too hard and trying to do everything himself. ; in the middle of season he was just reacting and not thinking too much and letting his athletic ability take over.

this week needs to be the same as middle of season, New Haven blitzes a lot, he is going to have limited time to go through his reads, and if it is not there take off
                Last edited by Mad3 Boss; 11-21-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                  Actually I think the coaching staff won this game, I haven't been a big fan of the DC; but his gameplan was very good, blitzed a lot more and took advantage of Post's banged up OL. We give them (coaching staff) hell when they screw up; but when they deserve props, we should acknowledge that as well!
                  Absolutely! Our defense won that game Saturday. It was the best defensive performance I've seen from our guys in quite awhile. I gave Lutz props at the top of this thread for the outstanding job he did this year. I know a lot of SRU people were looking at next year as the year and expecting about a 7-4 record from this team. So the fact that we swept the West and are still playing on Thanksgiving weekend says a lot about both the players and coaches.

But, the play calling these last two weeks has been suspect. Against West Chester, it was sheer panic. Last week was a little better, but we had a drive, up six with about six minutes left in the fourth quarter, where we threw two incomplete passes (one on first down) and went three-and-out. Post had the ball back in under a minute of game time. That's the part of the game where we need to just live or die with Hills. And that's no disrespect to Rivers, either. I have a lot of confidence in that kid. But I'm not throwing the ball in that situation if I have Tom Brady as my QB.

Live and learn, get better and beat New Haven :smile-big:

Comment

I think SRU will win this game.

Comment

Do some voodoo dances or sacrifice a chicken. You don't want the Tony33 pick. Kiss of death.

Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Do some voodoo dances or sacrifice a chicken. You don't want the Tony33 pick. Kiss of death.

Lol.
                        Usually yes. But he was right last week.

Comment

14:14 left in 2nd Qtr. 14-0 SRU.

Comment

Feed was good for a while, but now it's hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
                              Feed was good for a while, but now it's hanging.
                              They don't have the capacity for so many viewers. As more put it on ... went down hill fast.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X