• Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by goalieman View Post
    Davenport is in Grand Rapids, Michigan (not Davenport, Iowa), so they are in contiguous states which makes the game in-region.
    Thanks. I shouldn't have assumed it was in Iowa.

The Valdosta/ODU one has me still confused. Oh well.
    Last edited by Matt Burglund; 11-01-2019, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by goalieman View Post
    I'm not sure why the Ohio Dominican vs Valdosta State game is in-region as they are in different regions, different conferences, and not contiguous states BUT what I suspect is that Ohio Domincan lost an in-region game when Malone dropped football and they couldn't pick up another game so maybe the NCAA gave them a waiver to count the game with Valdosta State as an in-region game ..... not sure if that is correct but can't think of another reason.
    I just checked and it's counted for Valdosta also.

Leave a comment:

• goalieman
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    Anyone out there who is smarter than me (and most of you are) understand why in the regional rankings ...

1. Slippery Rock's win over Wayne State does not count toward in-region games,
    nor does Edinboro's loss to Grand Valley?

2. But Ohio Dominican's loss to Valdosta State does count, as does Lake Erie's loss to Davenport?

The NCAA website says:

I thought Wayne State and Grand Valley would count because they're in Michigan, and so is Hillsdale, which is in the region. But I can't figure out why a team from Ohio can play one from Georgia or Iowa and it does count.

Like I said, someone smarter than me can probably explain this.
    Lake Erie is in Painesville, Ohio and Davenport is in Grand Rapids, Michigan (not Davenport, Iowa), so they are in contiguous states which makes the game in-region.

I'm not sure why the Ohio Dominican vs Valdosta State game is in-region as they are in different regions, different conferences, and not contiguous states BUT what I suspect is that Ohio Domincan lost an in-region game when Malone dropped football and they couldn't pick up another game so maybe the NCAA gave them a waiver to count the game with Valdosta State as an in-region game ..... not sure if that is correct but can't think of another reason.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Anyone out there who is smarter than me (and most of you are) understand why in the regional rankings ...

1. Slippery Rock's win over Wayne State does not count toward in-region games,
    nor does Edinboro's loss to Grand Valley?

2. But Ohio Dominican's loss to Valdosta State does count, as does Lake Erie's loss to Davenport?

The NCAA website says:

I thought Wayne State and Grand Valley would count because they're in Michigan, and so is Hillsdale, which is in the region. But I can't figure out why a team from Ohio can play one from Georgia or Iowa and it does count.

Like I said, someone smarter than me can probably explain this.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

Isn't it soon time to start an IUP Football 2020 thread for all this banter?
    Not until at least we knock West Chester out of the playoffs. Again.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I can't even argue that one :)
    Lol ... I fear we may have the same issue next year.

Leave a comment:

• Wcball00
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You'll still be looking for a QB
    I can't even argue that one :)

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

...and WCU PSAC Championship Week. Awesome SOS - shame a 6-5 season won't be enough.
    You'll still be looking for a QB

Leave a comment:

• Wcball00
    replied
    Isn't it soon time to start an IUP Football 2020 thread for all this banter?

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

...and WCU PSAC Championship Week. Awesome SOS - shame a 6-5 season won't be enough.

Leave a comment:

• Wcball00
    replied

We get Shepherd and Kutztown the next two years instead. Quite the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That's going to make for a far more interesting schedule, IMO. Having, SRU, Cal, Kutztown, and Shepherd on the schedule is exciting.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 10-31-2019, 10:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That's going to make for a far more interesting schedule, IMO. Having, SRU, Cal, Kutztown, and Shepherd on the schedule is exciting.
    Great SOS, but brutal playing back to back road games week 2-3 in the EAST, followed by home and away back to back weeks 7-8 in the WEST. Wild card is if the C'HAWKS miss out on the STATE GAME the schedule calls for WCU at home in week 11. I'll be very interested in seeing who is week 1 (New Haven??) opponent. Even assuming everyone stays healthy, that is a tough schedule.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

We get Shepherd and Kutztown the next two years instead. Quite the opposite.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X