Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about seating and parking at Shepherd

Next Saturday (11/2) I plan to attend the East Stroudsburg/Shepherd game in Shepherdstown. I have never attended a game at Shepherd, so I have some questions about seating and parking that I'm hoping Shepherd fans (or other fans who have attended games at Shepherd) can answer.

1) Do Shepherd games frequently sell out? Regardless if they do or not, how early should I try to get inside the stadium? (I was thinking I'd try to arrive in Shepherdstown by a little after 11 AM and be in the stadium by 11:30 AM.)

2) With parking, I saw Shepherd has a free lot on campus west of the stadium. How big is that lot? How early do I need to get there to secure a spot in the lot? Is there other free parking on campus or in the town that would be a viable alternative?

3) What kind of seating does Ram Stadium have (chairbacks, bleachers with backs, bleachers without backs)? If the seating is bleachers with or without backs, can fans bring in stadium seats and/or seat cushions to sit on?

Unless I can't find a seat, I'll probably try to sit on the home side even though I'll be rooting for ESU; the home side seats at most D2 stadiums are part of taller stands, which allow you to sit higher and get better depth perception of the field.

With the Shepherd now in the PSAC and being located within 1 1/2 hours of where I live (they are the second-closest D2 team to my location, after Bowie State), there's a good chance I'll go to games there whenever Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, or IUP visit. (Both Bloom and IUP will play at Shepherd in 2020.) I'm looking forward to my first-ever game at Ram Stadium next Saturday.

Any feedback to my questions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by CHIP72; 10-28-2019, 07:56 AM.

https://media.suweb.site/2019/08/201...2?v=1565118988

Hope you enjoy the game.

Comment

As wvftballfan said, parking is free and plentiful with a little walk. While it's true that the home side is higher, you can essentially be in sideline huddles if you sit in the first few rows. Note that plenty of Shepherd fans also sit on the visitor's side. And general admission tickets are $15. It's an absolutely great venue.

Comment

Ram Stadium is a hidden gem in the DC metro area. If you want to imbibe prior to the game make sure you are in a lot on the west side where permitted. No problems with tickets and honestly 50-yard line seats in the visitor sections are some of the best seats in the house. Only Dons-Johns on that side and you will have to walk half way across thd stadium to get to that side from the W. Make sure you grab something to eat/drink on the home side as you come in as there are more and better choices. Food-drink is available on the visitors side just less choices. Sounds corny but follow the crowd from the W to ensure you go through the tunnel to the stadium. Otherwise you are in no man or woman land and restricted by a fence. Our group sits on the visitors side about the 20-yard line. You will have a blast! It really is a great setting! Welcome to Ram Stadium!

Comment

Next Saturday (11/2) I plan to attend the East Stroudsburg/Shepherd game in Shepherdstown. I have never attended a game at Shepherd, so I have some questions about seating and parking that I'm hoping Shepherd fans (or other fans who have attended games at Shepherd) can answer.

1) Do Shepherd games frequently sell out? Regardless if they do or not, how early should I try to get inside the stadium? (I was thinking I'd try to arrive in Shepherdstown by a little after 11 AM and be in the stadium by 11:30 AM.)- They don't sell out and you'll find a seat easy, as the large increase in ticket prices has driven away some of the clientele unfortunately.

2) With parking, I saw Shepherd has a free lot on campus west of the stadium. How big is that lot? How early do I need to get there to secure a spot in the lot? Is there other free parking on campus or in the town that would be a viable alternative?- Good amount of parking on that side of campus, if your there prior to 11 you shouldn't have too much issue finding a spot.

3) What kind of seating does Ram Stadium have (chairbacks, bleachers with backs, bleachers without backs)? If the seating is bleachers with or without backs, can fans bring in stadium seats and/or seat cushions to sit on? - Bleachers without backs, yes fans can bring in a cushion or backs for their seating.

Unless I can't find a seat, I'll probably try to sit on the home side even though I'll be rooting for ESU; the home side seats at most D2 stadiums are part of taller stands, which allow you to sit higher and get better depth perception of the field.- I actually prefer to sit on the visitor side, but there isn't a bad view in the stadium really. Your right on top of the field and can eves drop in on coaches and players conversation almost. Like someone alluded to earlier the better food options are on the home side.

With the Shepherd now in the PSAC and being located within 1 1/2 hours of where I live (they are the second-closest D2 team to my location, after Bowie State), there's a good chance I'll go to games there whenever Bloomsburg, East Stroudsburg, or IUP visit. (Both Bloom and IUP will play at Shepherd in 2020.) I'm looking forward to my first-ever game at Ram Stadium next Saturday.

Any feedback to my questions would be appreciated.

Comment

I appreciate everyone's responses so far. Charging $15 for tickets seems a bit high for D2 (as a frame of reference East Stroudsburg charges $10, and a few of the DI-AA/FCS teams where I've seen games charge in the $15 range for some/many of the available tickets), but it isn't exorbitantly so.

Comment

Really, your going to complain about $15 for a Shepherd football game. The atmosphere is great and for me it's the best entertainment around the area on a Saturday.

Comment

This weekend is military appreciation day, there is a nice salute to veterans and current military. Be in the lot by 11 and enjoy the game, welcome to town.

Comment

As long as the weather cooperates (and you're in the stands shortly before kickoff) you're in for a pre-game treat this weekend.
                  I can be reached at [email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by tstorm62 View Post
                    Really, your going to complain about $15 for a Shepherd football game. The atmosphere is great and for me it's the best entertainment around the area on a Saturday.
                    Considering it was $8 not too long ago, its quite an increase. I still go because yes it is a great experience. But if you don't think that ticket price hasn't had an effect on the overall attendance then you have your head in the sand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Considering it was $8 not too long ago, its quite an increase. I still go because yes it is a great experience. But if you don't think that ticket price hasn't had an effect on the overall attendance then you have your head in the sand.
                      For a single ... one thing.

When you get to $15 per ... taking the family becomes less appealing (in particular when they don't want to go anyway).

It's still D2 ball to the outside world. We love it on here. Most others view it as glorified high school.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X