Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post season portal.....

Even though there's a game remaining, at least one player from CAL U has announced that he's leaving. RYAN SILVIOUS, FR 6'5" 240# OL from WILSON HS has been granted OK to transfer. He came in this year with his HS linemate, MIKE KLINE also 6'4" 240# OL, but neither saw any playing time. Can someone refresh my memory about rules regarding Intra-conference transfer ? Any other announced transfers yet ?

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Even though there's a game remaining, at least one player from CAL U has announced that he's leaving. RYAN SILVIOUS, FR 6'5" 240# OL from WILSON HS has been granted OK to transfer. He came in this year with his HS linemate, MIKE KLINE also 6'4" 240# OL, but neither saw any playing time. Can someone refresh my memory about rules regarding Intra-conference transfer ? Any other announced transfers yet ?
    The same time the transfer portal was birthed, the NCAA removed restrictions on players' ability to transfer. The days of coaches' blocking transfers within their conference or to future opponents is now gone.

FYI, Silveous tweeted his email confirming Cal entered him into the transfer portal, per his request. Players no longer need an "OK" to transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

The same time the transfer portal was birthed, the NCAA removed restrictions on players' ability to transfer. The days of coaches' blocking transfers within their conference or to future opponents is now gone.

FYI, Silveous tweeted his email confirming Cal entered him into the transfer portal, per his request. Players no longer need an "OK" to transfer.
      So what's your guess...KUTZ or WCU ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pine Ridge View Post

Comment

I think the original basis was "poaching" players from your league/division rivals. Most of the coaches seem to be rather friendly now but it hasn't always been so and some coaches would convince players to transfer not because they needed them but because they could deprive their rivals. I thought it used to be a 1 year wait before playing but perhaps that was incorrect.

Comment

It used to be if you transferred within the conference you had to sit out the following season. This was done mainly to prevent the 'rich' teams from cherry-picking the 'poor' teams. But, if you left the MEC and came to the PSAC, you didn't have to sit out ... just the internal transfers.

For instance, Clarion finds the diamond in the rough DL and they are giving him a 10% scholarship. All the sudden he's at SRU on a full ride of 90% scholarship.

Did the kid inquire on his own ... was he backdoor recruited ... poached ... doesn't really matter. Clarion's out a budding star DL and SRU reaps the benefit.

It's become an ugly thing more so in men's basketball.

Comment

As an OL at 240 I would assume he'll stay at the D2 level although his high school 247 profile says he gave Temple a soft verbal PWO commitment during his senior year before opting to take Cal's scholarship offer. I assume he'll look to a PSAC East school close to home (WCU, Kutztown) if his goal is to play for a PSAC title, if it's just PT and scholarship money with outside shot at playing for a state title he can opt for Ship

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post

As an OL at 240 I would assume he'll stay at the D2 level although his high school 247 profile says he gave Temple a soft verbal PWO commitment during his senior year before opting to take Cal's scholarship offer. I assume he'll look to a PSAC East school close to home (WCU, Kutztown) if his goal is to play for a PSAC title, if it's just PT and scholarship money with outside shot at playing for a state title he can opt for Ship
                OL are always a bit tricky deciding if they are full grown or not. If they have the necessary footwork and blocking skills adding weight and muscle is achievable with proper training. Given DUNN'S background as an OL I guess he saw something he felt was promising.

Comment

I think the original basis was "poaching" players from your league/division rivals. Most of the coaches seem to be rather friendly now but it hasn't always been so and some coaches would convince players to transfer not because they needed them but because they could deprive their rivals. I thought it used to be a 1 year wait before playing but perhaps that was incorrect.
                  If the kid was that good to begin with he should have gone to IUP in the first place...
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 11-12-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

That D2 portal will be on fire come Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                      That D2 portal will be on fire come Monday.
                      Where is this D2 portal?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Where is this D2 portal?

I think it's all one portal but with the vast majority of D2 teams wrapping up this Saturday ... the transfers will start flowing.

Access isn't public but everything leaks pretty fast.

Comment

I just provided the info, not an opinion, Nation.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I think it's all one portal but with the vast majority of D2 teams wrapping up this Saturday ... the transfers will start flowing.

Access isn't public but everything leaks pretty fast.
                            There are transfer portals that you can view, such as 247 Sports. https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Fo...ransferPortal/

Comment

As expected MIKE KLINE has followed his HS teammate into the portal. I would not be surprised if these two end up somewhere in the PSAC EAST.
                              If anyone hears anything I'd be interested in knowing where they're heading.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X