Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

IMO, our effort against New Haven was the most complete game we have ever had under Lutz. Impressive.

A potent offense, solid defense and a very clean game in terms of penalties. That is what's required to win in November and December. I'm glad we finally put it all together. I hope for more of the same next weekend when I am stuck at work all day Saturday haha.

So what does everyone think of this regional final? I will admit that the only thing I know about NDC is they're an undefeated conference champion that shouldn't be taken lightly. They had close calls with a pair of 6-5 teams (West Virginia State and Charleston) and only beat 4-6 Virginia-Wise by eight. But, they also beat Shepherd and Fairmont, plus they came back in the fourth quarter to beat Hillsdale. So I doubt very much that they will be a pushover.

The last time we were in a regional final (2015), an MEC team ended our season. Here's hoping for an opposite result Saturday. Go Rock!

Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

Everyone on the PSAC forum knows that the MEC is a one team conference and since that team didn't even make the playoffs, this game shouldn't even be close.

Comment

I don't really know anything about them either, so hard to get much of a read based on statistics - but Freshman RB Jaleel McLaughlin has 2074 rushing yards over 12 games... holy crap. Someone on the MEC section said the only comparable back in the Region this year was Boro's - I'm hoping it's just hyperbole and that said poster has never heard of Wes Hills though. Also I see that McLaughlin is a freshman - holy cow. The backup (?) RB Vasean Davis is also averaging 6.5 YPC.

Comment

Falcons have a 2,000 yd rusher & a 1,000 yd receiver

Hillsdale had two turnovers at NDC's goalline; before the incompletion at the end of game; so NDC could have lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
          IMO, our effort against New Haven was the most complete game we have ever had under Lutz. Impressive.

A potent offense, solid defense and a very clean game in terms of penalties. That is what's required to win in November and December. I'm glad we finally put it all together. I hope for more of the same next weekend when I am stuck at work all day Saturday haha.

So what does everyone think of this regional final? I will admit that the only thing I know about NDC is they're an undefeated conference champion that shouldn't be taken lightly. They had close calls with a pair of 6-5 teams (West Virginia State and Charleston) and only beat 4-6 Virginia-Wise by eight. But, they also beat Shepherd and Fairmont, plus they came back in the fourth quarter to beat Hillsdale. So I doubt very much that they will be a pushover.

The last time we were in a regional final (2015), an MEC team ended our season. Here's hoping for an opposite result Saturday. Go Rock!

Agreed. Did have more than 2 penalties but only 2 was accepted. Balance was the key 273 yds rushing 273 passing can't do any better than that. Return game was real good as well; special teams this week can make the difference.

Comment

You guys play like yesterday, it's in the final four... I will pulling for the Rock.

Comment

Notre Dame College has the #1 Red zone defense in the Nation!

Comment

Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post
                Falcons have a 2,000 yd rusher & a 1,000 yd receiver

Hillsdale had two turnovers at NDC's goalline; before the incompletion at the end of game; so NDC could have lost.

Comment

They are also tops in the nation in total D...scoring D... sacks...turnovers...rush D...Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rams Fan View Post
                    You guys play like yesterday, it's in the final four... I will pulling for the Rock.
                    Haha....SU RAMS pulling for their new PSAC buddies to knock of the MEC champs.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                      Everyone on the PSAC forum knows that the MEC is a one team conference and since that team didn't even make the playoffs, this game shouldn't even be close.
                      Did you miss the part where I said NDC shouldn't be taken lightly?

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                        Did you miss the part where I said NDC shouldn't be taken lightly?
                        You should take them lightly. They play in the MEC and everyone here knows the MEC is not a good football conference. I mean, SRU was the second best team in the PSAC this year so they should beat the best the MEC has to offer by at least three TD's.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                            You should take them lightly. They play in the MEC and everyone here knows the MEC is not a good football conference. I mean, SRU was the second best team in the PSAC this year so they should beat the best the MEC has to offer by at least three TD's.
                            I guess we'll find out Saturday

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X