Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Slippery Rock at Notre Dame College

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    In the seven years of the MEC, the MEC has had nine playoff teams. Same time period the PSAC has had 21 playoff teams. With SOOOOO many more playoff teams, you'd think the PSAC would have more SR1 titles than the MEC, wouldn't you?
    And four #1 seeds with the bye and home field advantage. You'd think the MEC would have more SR1 titles than the PSAC, wouldn't you?

Comment

Just think ... four months of such discussions until spring ball starts.

Cheers.

p.s. Ric Flair was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. So he says, anyway.

Comment

Boat, when you get done debating, and losing, to Horrorchild please answer my questions.

As Mick Foley has said....Have a nice day! (Thought I would piggyback off of you IUPbigIndians)

Comment

In the seven years of the MEC, the MEC has had nine playoff teams. Same time period the PSAC has had 21 playoff teams. With SOOOOO many more playoff teams, you'd think the PSAC would have more SR1 titles than the MEC, wouldn't you?
          Great Point! Some very good 2nd place & 3rd place MEC + (Old WVIAC) have historically been left out of the playoffs each year.

Comment

Originally posted by every1ftballfan View Post
            Great Point! Some very good 2nd place & 3rd place MEC + (Old WVIAC) have historically been left out of the playoffs each year.
            And some very bad second place MEC teams have been included in the playoffs. Unlike you and boatcapt, I'll support my claim with examples - Fairmont St in 2016 and Charleston in 2015. Let's not forget Concord earned accessed their way into the playoffs in 2011.

Comment

Those have been the only time the MEC or WVIAC have gotten two teams in. Bet if I looked I could find a PSAC 1 or 2 that lost in the first round...like...say your #1 this year.

Comment

Those have been the only time the MEC or WVIAC have gotten two teams in. Bet if I looked I could find a PSAC 1 or 2 that lost in the first round...like...say your #1 this year.

That's kind of the difference. Nobody in the PSAC other than West Chester actually cares that West Chester lost in the first round. So much talk of conferences, etc. SR1 is essentially one big conference with four divisions. Only one team of the 45 or 50 (whatever it is) is moving out of it. Heck, IUP, Cal and SRU would cheer against each other to get eliminated.

The jabronies on message boards don't pick the playoff teams. For the most part, the teams pick the playoff teams. The NCAA just breaks ties. And, then us jabronies get to argue. Endless cycle. Same thing last year. Same thing next year. Ferris wheel goes round and round.

Once you lose twice you have no control. You are subject to the committee and all those fun things like strength of schedule, etc. Fairmont State and Ohio Dominican both had a case for a spot this year. Slippery Rock beat them out. Is that a PSAC bias as you love to proclaim? Not sure ... not on the selection crew.

Comment

Your alleged silver spooner that you have yet to substantiate?

But every1ftballfan was talking about all the very good second and third place teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Comment

What's the point of bringing up a West Chester team that was upset in a close game to a NE-10 team that was then destroyed by Rock, who had just been routed by WCU in the State Game? If you try to use the transitive property, you could easily say that WCU would have beaten Rock decisively.

If NDC beats Valdosta, then maybe you'll have an argument. But not until then. You better hope and pray that NDC doesn't go and seek other waters in the GMAC anytime soon....

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                      What's the point of bringing up a West Chester team that was upset in a close game to a NE-10 team that was then destroyed by Rock, who had just been routed by WCU in the State Game? If you try to use the transitive property, you could easily say that WCU would have beaten Rock decisively.

If NDC beats Valdosta, then maybe you'll have an argument. But not until then. You better hope and pray that NDC doesn't go and seek other waters in the GMAC anytime soon....
                      That is happening... them and Urbana are gone in the next 3 years i'd think. Makes too much sense for them. Honestly if i were WL i'd consider it as well to the GMAC. MEC is in an interesting spot going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                        Your alleged silver spooner that you have yet to substantiate?

But every1ftballfan was talking about all the very good second and third place teams that didn't make the playoffs.
                        Silver spoon as in sense of entitlement just for being who they are and were they are from. Thought you knew that but I guess not. Every year it starts with how many PSAC teams are going to be in the playoffs with the general consensus bring 3 and perhaps 4. Conversation inevitably turns to who and it starts with IUP, then Cal followed by WCU or SRU. Whenever there is a discussion of other conferences and were they should be seeded, its always after a PSAC team with the same record and at times even behind a PSAC team with a worse record.

Meanwhile, the MEC with their one little token playoff team just keeps winning.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

boatcapt is like the Vanderbilt fan whose team goes 3-9 but he boasts about conference supremacy because Alabama or Auburn wins the national title. When was the last time the team he supports (not the conference it is a member of) played for a region title? If he supports NDC or Shepherd, then I retract my statement.
                          Last edited by Dozsa2; 12-03-2018, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            That's kind of the difference. Nobody in the PSAC other than West Chester actually cares that West Chester lost in the first round. So much talk of conferences, etc. SR1 is essentially one big conference with four divisions. Only one team of the 45 or 50 (whatever it is) is moving out of it. Heck, IUP, Cal and SRU would cheer against each other to get eliminated.

The jabronies on message boards don't pick the playoff teams. For the most part, the teams pick the playoff teams. The NCAA just breaks ties. And, then us jabronies get to argue. Endless cycle. Same thing last year. Same thing next year. Ferris wheel goes round and round.

Once you lose twice you have no control. You are subject to the committee and all those fun things like strength of schedule, etc. Fairmont State and Ohio Dominican both had a case for a spot this year. Slippery Rock beat them out. Is that a PSAC bias as you love to proclaim? Not sure ... not on the selection crew.
                            You're not wrong. Ask Homer.

Comment

Boat, are you refusing to respond to my statement and question? You have obviously read it because you are active here and debating posts below mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                                boatcapt is like the Vanderbilt fan whose team goes 3-9 but he boasts about conference supremacy because Alabama or Auburn wins the national title. When was the last time the team he supports (not the conference it is a member of) played for a region title? If he supports NDC or Shepherd, then I retract my statement.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X