• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloomsburg receives $10 Million gift from alumnus Steph Petit

https://buhuskies.com/news/2019/12/4...niversity.aspx

That is awesome. Good for Bloom!

Comment

Sounds like Bloom has a pretty good backer there. $10 mil should help, particularly with half going for schollies. Petit must read this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        Sounds like Bloom has a pretty good backer there. $10 mil should help, particularly with half going for schollies. Petit must read this forum.
        Great news. I have been waiting and hoping for this day. Now we just need a coach or two.

Last edited by Bart; 12-04-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

It is truly awesome. $10 million is really a big gift dedicated solely to athletics. Have there been any bigger in the PSAC?

Comment

It will be interesting how the scholarship money is divvied up, Five million scholarship dollars invested should produce at about 10 fully endowed scholarships dived among 20 sports. Does every sport get an equal share? If the money has been given up front, there should be scholarships available in a year.

Comment

That is quite a donation to be sure. This would be a great time for IUP's Chad Hurley to step up and help his alma mater make a new football stadium a reality.

Chad Hurley Stadium?

Book Your Face Stadium?

I like either.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                It will be interesting how the scholarship money is divvied up, Five million scholarship dollars invested should produce at about 10 fully endowed scholarships dived among 20 sports. Does every sport get an equal share? If the money has been given up front, there should be scholarships available in a year.
                Hard to say. She or He whom writes the check generally dictates which sport(s) gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Hard to say. She or He whom writes the check generally dictates which sport(s) gets it.
                  The way the announcement reads, and the video of all the coaches standing behind the president, lead me to believe it will be 50/50 between women and men. Since he is a former football player, it would have been something to say all for football, which would be a nice carrot to attract a new coach. That would have created other problems. I am just wondering if football gets the same as women's volleyball. Or do they divide by major sports or number of players on a team.

Comment

And probably Title IX has some big say as well.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

The way the announcement reads, and the video of all the coaches standing behind the president, lead me to believe it will be 50/50 between women and men. Since he is a former football player, it would have been something to say all for football, which would be a nice carrot to attract a new coach. That would have created other problems. I am just wondering if football gets the same as women's volleyball. Or do they divide by major sports or number of players on a team.
                      I'd say women's sports gets more than half.

Maybe football gets half of the men's allotment. Will Wrestling get any of it?

I doubt that it is all available immediately but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                        That is quite a donation to be sure. This would be a great time for IUP's Chad Hurley to step up and help his alma mater make a new football stadium a reality.

Chad Hurley Stadium?

Book Your Face Stadium?

I like either.

-
                        Youtube stadium. IUP games "at the tube." That works.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

And probably Title IX has some big say as well.

-
                          I don't think it has anything to do with it. If you want to give Tort $10m tomorrow .... he's getting all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Youtube stadium. IUP games "at the tube." That works.
                            Opps, yes, I did mean Youtube. But maybe Mark Zuckerberg would be willing to get involved as well for naming rights.

IUP absolutely needs a new football facility if it has any hope at all of being a national player ever again.

-

Comment

I don't think it has anything to do with it. If you want to give Tort $10m tomorrow .... he's getting all of it.
                              Would he settle for $10? If not then he is out of luck.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X