X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RockinTheSnackBar
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    That is interesting, Matt. Almost like that Lincoln-Kennedy coincidence thing that they would always talk about. Just more proof how history recycles itself. It is odd.

-
    Except the end part about Marilyn. She was long dead when JFK was assassinated

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    That is interesting, Matt. Almost like that Lincoln-Kennedy coincidence thing that they would always talk about. Just more proof how history recycles itself. It is odd.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    Full disclosure: This is an IUP thread.

Most of you won't care about this, but I found some odd similarities between the 1998 IUP season and the 2019 IUP season.

Bear with me:
    • Both teams finished 10-2 overall with one loss in PSAC West play.
    • Both teams lost at Slippery Rock in the regular season ... and at home to Shepherd in the playoffs.
    • The 1998 team's two losses were by a total of nine points; the 2019 team's two losses were by a total of seven points.
    • The Slippery Rock games were the sixth of the season in both years.
    • Both regular seasons ended with consecutive wins over Edinboro and Shippensburg.
    • The Shepherd playoff games were both in the first round.
    • Both IUP teams started one-year DI transfer QBs (Paul Failla in 1998; Quinton Maxwell in 2019).
    • Both Failla and Maxwell finished the season with nine interceptions.
    • Both IUP teams featured tailback-by-committees (Terrance Wilson, Tink Stennett and Richard Montague in 1998; Samir Bullock, Justice Evans and Malik Anderson in 2019).
    • Three players on each team had 100-yard rushing games (Wilson, Stennett and Kyle Shedrick in 1999; Bullock, Evans and Adam Houser in 2019).
    • Both teams scored two touchdowns on defense. (Greg Dorsey and Kwasi Asare in 1998; Dondrea Tillman and Damon Lloyd in 2019).
    • Player #21 led both teams in scoring (Tink Stennett in 1998; Duane Brown in 2019).

Thank you. I'll let you all go back to whatever it is you were doing before.

Every thread is an IUP thread.

So that’s means next season an underdog IUP team will sneak into the playoffs and go to the FINAL Four

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Seems like yesterday. We got old.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    started a topic 1998 vs. 2019

1998 vs. 2019

Full disclosure: This is an IUP thread.

Most of you won't care about this, but I found some odd similarities between the 1998 IUP season and the 2019 IUP season.

Bear with me:
    • Both teams finished 10-2 overall with one loss in PSAC West play.
    • Both teams lost at Slippery Rock in the regular season ... and at home to Shepherd in the playoffs.
    • The 1998 team's two losses were by a total of nine points; the 2019 team's two losses were by a total of seven points.
    • The Slippery Rock games were the sixth of the season in both years.
    • Both regular seasons ended with consecutive wins over Edinboro and Shippensburg.
    • The Shepherd playoff games were both in the first round.
    • Both IUP teams started one-year DI transfer QBs (Paul Failla in 1998; Quinton Maxwell in 2019).
    • Both Failla and Maxwell finished the season with nine interceptions.
    • Both IUP teams featured tailback-by-committees (Terrance Wilson, Tink Stennett and Richard Montague in 1998; Samir Bullock, Justice Evans and Malik Anderson in 2019).
    • Three players on each team had 100-yard rushing games (Wilson, Stennett and Kyle Shedrick in 1999; Bullock, Evans and Adam Houser in 2019).
    • Both teams scored two touchdowns on defense. (Greg Dorsey and Kwasi Asare in 1998; Dondrea Tillman and Damon Lloyd in 2019).
    • Player #21 led both teams in scoring (Tink Stennett in 1998; Duane Brown in 2019).

Thank you. I'll let you all go back to whatever it is you were doing before.

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X