• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970s Edinboro Football Video

Someone showed these to me this morning. Kind of cool:

Edinboro at IUP, October 4, 1975
    Edinboro won the game 28-21.

Edinboro at East Stroudsburg, November 15, 1975 (PSAC Championship Game) First Half Second Half
    East Stroudsburg won the game 24-20

Re: 1970s Edinboro Football Video

Great to see those filled stands on the visitor's side.

Comment

Boro and ESU need to bring back those threads
      Last edited by RockinTheSnackBar; 01-18-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

IUP press box looks today just like then ... oh, wait, ... nevermind.

Comment

1975 football: Tailbacks kicking off...Everyone in 3-point stance...QB's with 140 passes in a season...Straight on kickers

Memories

Comment

This is pretty cool. Just a few observations. It is a bit disconcerting to see how basically nothing in/around the stadium has changed in 40+ years sans some new dorms and the business building. I take it that the IUP QB #12 is Lynn Hieber who was considered to be a pretty darn good IUP signal-caller. I believe that he went to the Cincinnati Bengals camp the following summer. It boggles the mind how long ago this really was. Jack Benedict was in his seventh season or so calling IUP games (up over 50 years now) and GregIUP was already an IUP alum for five or six years. And certainly not to date myself--- but I was in kindergarten that fall. Man, that is all nuts!

Let's offer up a little IUP football trivia question here---who was the IUP head football coach during this game?

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
              This is pretty cool. Just a few observations. It is a bit disconcerting to see how basically nothing in/around the stadium has changed in 40+ years sans some new dorms and the business building. I take it that the IUP QB #12 is Lynn Hieber who was considered to be a pretty darn good IUP signal-caller. I believe that he went to the Cincinnati Bengals camp the following summer. It boggles the mind how long ago this really was. Jack Benedict was in his seventh season or so calling IUP games (up over 50 years now) and GregIUP was already an IUP alum for five or six years. And certainly not to date myself--- but I was in kindergarten that fall. Man, that is all nuts!
              Let's offer up a little IUP football trivia question here---who was the IUP head football coach during this game?
              -
              IUP's coach in 1975 was Bill Neal, of course. Want to take a further trip down Memory Lane (or learn about history, depending on your age)? Check out the IUP program in the link below for the 1975 IUP-Edinboro game. It's fascinating. Love the ads. Check out the Coke ad on pg. 16 with a young Nick Nolte, the new lineup of Chevy's on pg. 15, and the deluxe Zenith TV on the last pg. 32.

The game itself was billed as "Make it or Break it" by Randy Jesick of IUP Public Information on pg. 3. Also, check out the interview with HC Bill Neal (pg. 5) by Ed Bouchette of The Indiana Gazette titled "I like this job." Long for the days of the IUP "Big Indians?" You'll like the Bonanza Steakhouse ad on pg. 3. $1.99 for a NY Strip Steak, baked potato, tossed salad and Texas Toast. I want to go there for lunch today. IUP's starting lineup is on pg. 16 and includes a sophomore defensive end named Jim Haslett.

On pg. 11, "The Camellia Bowl and Division II Football" describes the alignment of schools by NCAA division. Of course, very different from today.

Note the Pennsylvania Conference Report on pg. 17 by Jed Weisberger of The Indiana Gazette. The PSAC was called the Pennsylvania Conference (PC) back then. His article is about Ross Nevel who wrote for The Lock Haven Express and was the LH SID. Very interesting. His weekly "Notes from Nevel" column was one of the sources of my early sports education. The article provides a glimpse of what life was like in our conference back then.

Anyway, check out the program. Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

https://knowledge.library.iup.edu/cg...tball_programs
              Last edited by iupgroundhog; 01-20-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Someone showed these to me this morning. Kind of cool:

Edinboro at IUP, October 4, 1975
                Edinboro won the game 28-21.

Edinboro at East Stroudsburg, November 15, 1975 (PSAC Championship Game) First Half Second Half
                East Stroudsburg won the game 24-20

I don't recognize the venue...It looks like Stroudsburg High School...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                  I don't recognize the venue...It looks like Stroudsburg High School...
                  Yup

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                    IUP's coach in 1975 was Bill Neal, of course. Want to take a further trip down Memory Lane (or learn about history, depending on your age)? Check out the IUP program in the link below for the 1975 IUP-Edinboro game. It's fascinating. Love the ads. Check out the Coke ad on pg. 16 with a young Nick Nolte, the new lineup of Chevy's on pg. 15, and the deluxe Zenith TV on the last pg. 32.

The game itself was billed as "Make it or Break it" by Randy Jesick of IUP Public Information on pg. 3. Also, check out the interview with HC Bill Neal (pg. 5) by Ed Bouchette of The Indiana Gazette titled "I like this job." Long for the days of the IUP "Big Indians?" You'll like the Bonanza Steakhouse ad on pg. 3. $1.99 for a NY Strip Steak, baked potato, tossed salad and Texas Toast. I want to go there for lunch today. IUP's starting lineup is on pg. 16 and includes a sophomore defensive end named Jim Haslett.

On pg. 11, "The Camellia Bowl and Division II Football" describes the alignment of schools by NCAA division. Of course, very different from today.

Note the Pennsylvania Conference Report on pg. 17 by Jed Weisberger of The Indiana Gazette. The PSAC was called the Pennsylvania Conference (PC) back then. His article is about Ross Nevel who wrote for The Lock Haven Express and was the LH SID. Very interesting. His weekly "Notes from Nevel" column was one of the sources of my early sports education. The article provides a glimpse of what life was like in our conference back then.

Anyway, check out the program. Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

https://knowledge.library.iup.edu/cg...tball_programs
                    Yes, Bill Neal. The program is indeed very interesting. I got a laugh at how IUP's all-conference center was 6-0, 200. Different game back then I guess. I was surprised to see the name of Luther Ford owner Mario Luther as a starting DT for IUP. I had no idea that he played ball for IUP. Also, some veteran local sports fans may recall GA Joe Marx as the very first coach at Marion Center Area High School when they began a varsity football program back in 1981.

Also nice to see the name of Dr. James L. Cook Jr. in the name of patrons. He was a local optometrist who was a one of a kind. Football junky all the way. He passed on several years ago. He is sorely missed by all who knew him.

I liked the ad for Bonanza. Those were some pretty cheap meals by today's standards.

Thanks for posting that.

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X