Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAL U PRES RETIRING...

Just saw on Twitter that GERALDINE JONES will be stepping down.
    https://www.calu.edu/news/

I had the pleasure of serving on the search committee for Edinboro's president with Ms. Jones. She was always the sharpest one in the room or on the call. Cal is losing a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      I had the pleasure of serving on the search committee for Edinboro's president with Ms. Jones. She was always the sharpest one in the room or on the call. Cal is losing a good one.
      Her lack of a doctoral degree gave some people pause when she took on the job. As an alum just a couple years her senior I have been thoroughly pleased with a number of initiatives taken during her tenure. Some VULCANS ATHLETICS fans are not thrilled with her systematic dismantling of the ARMENTI ERA which was a lot of fun but unsustainable and problematic in many regards. Her assertion of authority, as many on this MB remember, was the forfeiting of a FB game after the outlandish beat down of a non student by several players. At least one regular on this board has major issues with her and I expect will speak up eventually. In general, her selection of coaches to fill a number of openings have , IMO, been well thought out and give me a good deal of hope.
      In the end I would say she has done some good work in improving many aspects of our shared alma mater.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X