Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ville Schedule

Could this be the year that Ville wins 4 games with Clarion, Lock Haven, Bloomsburg, and Edinboro on the schedule? With two full years of recruiting and a host of transfers, this looks like it would be progress. With back to back 2 win seasons, and getting hired late in the first one, it would seem like another 2-peat would not be good. Will it be progress , or time to start the buses?

Originally posted by Dirty Harry View Post
    Could this be the year that Ville wins 4 games with Clarion, Lock Haven, Bloomsburg, and Edinboro on the schedule? With two full years of recruiting and a host of transfers, this looks like it would be progress. With back to back 2 win seasons, and getting hired late in the first one, it would seem like another 2-peat would not be good. Will it be progress , or time to start the buses?
    This is the year that we need to win at least 4 games. If we can beat AIC in the first game and steal another one in the East, it makes for a better recruiting class. That'll be big with the merger of the LL league Berks County. I've always said that we need to win in recruiting in the LL leagues since it's on our home turf. Coach Morgan is doing a great job over there at the Ville. I'm ready to see them finally get out of basement

Comment

CLARION was 2-1 in x-over so that may be tough. LHU is a W. BU will be coming back so L. BORO was 0-3 in x-over so it looks like a 3rd straight 2W season unless some of those transfers are much better than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by MarauderPride22 View Post

This is the year that we need to win at least 4 games. If we can beat AIC in the first game and steal another one in the East, it makes for a better recruiting class. That'll be big with the merger of the LL league Berks County. I've always said that we need to win in recruiting in the LL leagues since it's on our home turf. Coach Morgan is doing a great job over there at the Ville. I'm ready to see them finally get out of basement
        It is doubtful that the AIC game will be played if they cut down to 10 games.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

CLARION was 2-1 in x-over so that may be tough. LHU is a W. BU will be coming back so L. BORO was 0-3 in x-over so it looks like a 3rd straight 2W season unless some of those transfers are much better than expected.
          2-2, actually. They beat Shippensburg in the season opener, which didn't officially count as a "mandated" crossover game, then went 1-2 in their "mandated" crossover games - a win vs. Lock Haven in Week 2, a loss vs. Shepherd in Week 3 and a loss at East Stroudsburg in Week 11. And they finished 3-8 on the season, so there's that.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Figure out how to transport 80 people safely for a multi-hour bus trip and then you can theorize about a football season...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Figure out how to transport 80 people safely for a multi-hour bus trip and then you can theorize about a football season...
              I'm thinking you could use volunteers or family members in private cars to transport a good portion of the players to lower the costs. Before you ask, I am serious.

Comment

That's one player per car with a driver. That's the ONLY way that works...And we haven't solved the locker room issue...You're also asking people to sign away any risk? Who's doing that?! No one wants football more than I do, but it just isn't safe for the players yet. We're also asking them to take a risk they might not be willing to...

Comment

That's one player per car with a driver. That's the ONLY way that works...And we haven't solved the locker room issue...You're also asking people to sign away any risk? Who's doing that?! No one wants football more than I do, but it just isn't safe for the players yet. We're also asking them to take a risk they might not be willing to...
                  True, true, and true. I like that you think about this stuff. However, taking 30 or 40 players in separate vehicles for a 1 or 2 hour drive really isn't a big issue. The liability issue isn't big , either and it's probably covered by insurance, anyway. My more realistic thoughts are in the other thread.

Comment

If they can test all before each contest, then they can take their two buses. I don't know what the reality of them testing is. I am sure that is what the pros will do before each game.

Comment

Don't confuse any level of collegiate sports with the pros. Pros are paid, and look at what the players are doing in MLB. They won't go near a stadium unless they know it's safe. Students have no voice other than their own. Which PA school is going to open themselves up to litigation?! I say none...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X