Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alliance of American Football

Due to start play on February 9th this spring football league has at least one PSAC rep. MAX REDFIELD on the roster of the BIRMINGHAM IRON. I realize he was a one and done but no one else made it to this sort of G League for the NFL.
    One who did, DARIUS PRINCE of PSU-BEAVER, was a star in AFL and got a sniff with the EAGLES. He'll now be be a WR with the SAN ANTONIO COMMANDERS.

Re: Alliance of American Football

I go to aaf.com, and their site shows no page. Can't help but be ... unimpressed.

The coaches read like a who's who of yesterday: Spurrier, Mike Martz, Dennis Erickson, Rick Neuheisel, Mike Singletary, Mike Riley.

Recognizable players (to me), going through the rosters:
    • Atlanta Legends: QB Aaron Murray, RB Akrum Wadley.
    • Birmingham Iron: QB Blake Sims, RB Trent Richardson, WR L'Damian Washington, PK Nick Novak.
    • Memphis Express: QB Christian Hackenberg (because he's not DONE yet, dammit!), QB Zach Mettenberger, RB Zac Stacy.
    • Orlando Apollos: QB Austin Appleby, RB Akeem Hunt. Because Purdue is within 1,039 miles of Orlando.
    • Arizona Hotshots: PK Nick Folk.
    • Salt Lake Stallions: QB Matt Linehan, RB Matt Asiata, RB Branden Oliver.
    • San Antonio Commandeers: Reads like the roster of the 1977 Chambersburg Cardinals.
    • San Diego Fleet: RB Paul James.
    Last edited by jrshooter; 01-31-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      I go to aaf.com, and their site shows no page. Can't help but be ... unimpressed.

The coaches read like a who's who of yesterday: Spurrier, Mike Martz, Dennis Erickson, Rick Neuheisel, Mike Singletary, Mike Riley.

• Birmingham Iron: QB Blake Sims, RB Trent Richardson, WR L'Damian Washington, PK Nick Novak.
      • Memphis Express: QB Christian Hackenberg (because he's not DONE yet, dammit!), QB Zach Mettenberger, RB Zac Stacy.
      • Orlando Apollos: QB Austin Appleby, RB Akeem Hunt. Because Purdue is within 1,039 miles of Orlando.
      • San Antonio Commandeers: Reads like the roster of the 1977 Chambersburg Cardinals.

Goodness ... how old are some of those coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        As. The. Hills. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Nick Saban's age range. Some younger.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Page works fine for me: https://aaf.com/
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              Due to start play on February 9th this spring football league has at least one PSAC rep. MAX REDFIELD on the roster of the BIRMINGHAM IRON. I realize he was a one and done but no one else made it to this sort of G League for the NFL.
              One who did, DARIUS PRINCE of PSU-BEAVER, was a star in AFL and got a sniff with the EAGLES. He'll now be be a WR with the SAN ANTONIO COMMANDERS.
              Seems like a testing ground for some of the ideas the NFL has contemplated e.g. a 30 second clock, no kickoffs, no kicked extra points (all 2 pt. conversions). I think it's potentially a farm system for the NFL. I also read that they are big on continuing education (even provide tuition assistance), counseling, etc. and could help players who have placed all their eggs on a football career and fall short.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                Page works fine for me: https://aaf.com/
                I still get white screen. Must be something at work.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X