Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The odds of D2 playing in 2020 are getting closer to zero by the hour.

The interesting angle is how this effects the 2021 season.

The 2020 seniors who are about to lose their season will get granted another year. Many will come back. Some will say screw it and move along.

However, they'll have a senior class coming back and yet another freshmen class coming in. As our (PSAC) programs are funded largely by our checkbooks .... only so much of that coin to go around.

2021 assumes, of course, we aren't all dead.

Back up a sec. This has been mentioned in several other posts, but it needs to be fleshed out. ANYONE granted an extra year of eligibility has many things to consider. To be eligible, one must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours/week. What Senior, ready to graduate in 2020, needs 12 more credits to graduate?! Not many...Who can afford that extra year of tuition?! Not many...How many schools are willing to wave that extra year of tuition?! Not many...How many schools have extra scholarships sitting around taking up space to just hand out to those Seniors?! Not many. So, it makes for great discussion to say that kids will just be granted another year of eligibility, but how many can actually take advantage of it?! NOT MANY

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
      Back up a sec. This has been mentioned in several other posts, but it needs to be fleshed out. ANYONE granted an extra year of eligibility has many things to consider. To be eligible, one must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours/week. What Senior, ready to graduate in 2020, needs 12 more credits to graduate?! Not many...Who can afford that extra year of tuition?! Not many...How many schools are willing to wave that extra year of tuition?! Not many...How many schools have extra scholarships sitting around taking up space to just hand out to those Seniors?! Not many. So, it makes for great discussion to say that kids will just be granted another year of eligibility, but how many can actually take advantage of it?! NOT MANY
      Yeah ... the thing is ... schools like like IUP, SRU, etc., have senior classes loaded with stars. Are they really going to say oh well no money for you? Spring sports got another year (not that many care). Grad school, etc.
      Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 07-02-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

IUPbigINDIANs if a senior student redshirts this season (if we even have one) n return 2021 are their scholarships still in effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
          IUPbigINDIANs if a senior student redshirts this season (if we even have one) n return 2021 are their scholarships still in effect?
          It's up to the coach (assuming they never took a redshirt in the past). Scholarships are one-year deals. If you under-perform or cause problems, etc., they can tell you you're off the team or off scholarship.

Comment

Why not just move this foosball season to March.....the USFL and spring foosball was really fun back in the day. My parents had season tickets for the Philadelphia Stars...a lot of great fun and memories.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
              Why not just move this foosball season to March.....the USFL and spring foosball was really fun back in the day. My parents had season tickets for the Philadelphia Stars...a lot of great fun and memories.
              That's under discussion.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...21/ar-BB12c8Gg

In my sports world, the National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) has voted to move the college wrestling season into the 2nd semester, as opposed to the crossover winter sports have always. done. It's not yet approved by the NCAA but it is the best bet.

Hopefully, we can do all these things in 2021.

Comment

In the year 2525,
                if man is still alive
                If woman can survive, they may find
                football has been sidelined

In the year 5555
                Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
                Your legs got nothin' to do
                football has bid adieu

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                  In the year 2525,
                  if man is still alive
                  If woman can survive, they may find
                  football has been sidelined

In the year 5555
                  Your arms hangin' limp at your sides
                  Your legs got nothin' to do
                  football has bid adieu
                  Credit: Zager, Evans, and Bart

Comment

Just curious if any of the IUP's Dbs redshirted, who would be missed as far as making plays n same with Rbs?

Comment

Grad school is the most likely option for those who have completed their undergrad. There is also the possibility of picking up a second undergrad major, I would assume.

It's not for everyone nor will everyone take it, but I think most will find a way. Nobody wants their career to end on these terms.

Comment

Under these circumstances I believe if the NCAA does cancel the 2020 season they'll allow everyone to retain this years eligibility to use for 2021. As for scholarships none of our schools are fully funded so that's where it'll pay to be creative. Rather than give out athletic scholarships they'll give out academic money. Also consider they're be less PWO spots at both the D1 and D2 levels for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                          My dad took me to a Philadelphia Stars game in 1984. At that time, they were much better than the Iggles were (Marion Campbell, anyone)?
                          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

My dad took me to a Philadelphia Stars game in 1984. At that time, they were much better than the Iggles were (Marion Campbell, anyone)?

Speaking of the USFL ... if anybody has any Topps cards from that league and wants to sell them ... PM me. Preferably PSA graded ones.

And, before anybody makes fun of me ... yes, I still mildly collect sports cards (nothing past 1987).

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                              Under these circumstances I believe if the NCAA does cancel the 2020 season they'll allow everyone to retain this years eligibility to use for 2021. As for scholarships none of our schools are fully funded so that's where it'll pay to be creative. Rather than give out athletic scholarships they'll give out academic money. Also consider they're be less PWO spots at both the D1 and D2 levels for a few years.
                              ESU Baseball has started a fundraising campaign for Seniors who had their final season cut short. It's called "Extra Innings"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFMoTwNX-A8

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X