Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

In that hypothetical, I highly doubt Shepherd would have made the move. The alumni really wanted the Ship game back.

The MEC will shut it down just like the rest of the conferences will, only a matter of time. There isn't going to be college football until spring 2021 at the earliest, if that.
    I haven't kept up with weather trends west of the Alleghenies but when I grew up there Jan, Feb and March were not ideal football seasons. If it's just '21 maybe they get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

In that hypothetical, I highly doubt Shepherd would have made the move. The alumni really wanted the Ship game back.

The MEC will shut it down just like the rest of the conferences will, only a matter of time. There isn't going to be college football until spring 2021 at the earliest, if that.
      We'll see. But for now, they are all in.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Nope, the CIAA, SIAC both cancelled fall sports last week. I believe a California conference cancelled fall sports as well and at the FCS level Hampton cancelled their fall sports due to the NCAA rule that if there are no in person classes athletics can not be played.
        The California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA) was probably the first D2 conference to cancel their fall sports schedule; the CCAA consists of 12 smaller schools in the Cal State system (Cal State LA, Cal State East Bay, Humboldt State, etc.), which recently announced online only classes for the fall semester.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Edinboro announces they're going online this fall. No more than 175 students living on campus and only international students or those with mandatory experiential or lab classes that can't be virtual. Single rooms and single bathrooms. Discounted fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Edinboro announces they're going online this fall. No more than 175 students living on campus and only international students or those with mandatory experiential or lab classes that can't be virtual. Single rooms and single bathrooms. Discounted fees.
            Sounds great.

Comment

This is going to be an interesting real world experiment.
              BORO--Almost entirely ON LINE.
              CAL U--IN PERSON with restrictions and ON LINE available to those who choose it. https://www.calu.edu/news/2020/calu-masks.aspx

Others ???

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

This is going to be an interesting real world experiment.
                BORO--Almost entirely ON LINE.
                CAL U--IN PERSON with restrictions and ON LINE available to those who choose it. https://www.calu.edu/news/2020/calu-masks.aspx

Others ???
                ESU majority online...

https://www.poconorecord.com/news/20...-for-fall-2020

Comment

DII approves season-of-competition, eligibility relief for 2020-21

• due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
                  • The student-athlete used a season of competition during the 2020-21 academic year.
                  • The student-athlete was eligible for competition while competing during the 2020-21 academic year.

Individual waiver requests for student-athletes who do not meet the criteria above can be submitted through the traditional process and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

The Administrative Committee also voted to allow schools to self-apply an extension of eligibility waiver (two semesters or three quarters) if one of these criteria is met:
                  • A student-athlete qualifies for a season-of-competition waiver as noted above.
                  • A student-athlete is unable to participate due to the cancellation of the sport season.

A student-athlete must be otherwise eligible for competition for the 2020-21 academic year for an institution to self-apply an extension of eligibility waiver.

The Administrative Committee is composed of the chairs and vice chairs of the Division II Presidents Council and Management Council and one additional member of the Presidents Council. The committee is tasked with handling important Division II business in between quarterly meetings of the Presidents Council. The Division II Administrative Committee will meet again July 29 and discuss providing flexibility for winter and spring seasons.

Comment

Rumors swirling that the PSAC office has learned of a member school trying to schedule non-conference games for the fall and winter seasons. If true, not good.

Comment

Rumors swirling that the PSAC office has learned of a member school trying to schedule non-conference games for the fall and winter seasons. If true, not good.
                      We could use some good gossip on here to talk about .... not that 365 days of COVID, Sleepy Joe and The Donald isn't entertaining.

Comment

Only 2 PSAC schools have the balls or financial means to pull such a thing off and both are in the West. I don't think I have to put their initials up lol.

Comment

It's one of our members located within the City of Erie.

Comment

It's one of our members located within the City of Erie.
                            Welp that wasn't who I expected it to be but I guess the rumors of them looking to the other league next door isn't too far fetched. Honestly this may be the straw that gets them out of the PSAC forcing their sister school to join them in that other unnamed conference. Doesn't shift the power in the conference they haven't done what they expected to do even with them having 30+ scholarships at their disposal.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Welp that wasn't who I expected it to be but I guess the rumors of them looking to the other league next door isn't too far fetched. Honestly this may be the straw that gets them out of the PSAC forcing their sister school to join them in that other unnamed conference. Doesn't shift the power in the conference they haven't done what they expected to do even with them having 30+ scholarships at their disposal.
                              #LIT-AF

Comment

Meanwhile in Moon Township, Bob's School of Business is pretending this is all a joke. Players are moved in for camp and this week they added a second FBS money game. Their schedule says they're planning a trip to Hawaii in September. Sounds like a terrible idea.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X