Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millersville Alum General Manager of Memphis Express

I wasn't sure if anyone had posted this, but Will Lewis, a graduate of Millersville University, is the general manager for Memphis Express in the AAF. Will has had a long career in professional football as a player, coach and in the front office.

Re: Millersville Alum General Manager of Memphis Express

Follow up link detailing his career, along with his brother and son!

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/a-...rican-football

Comment

Comment

They even left the guys stranded ... had to buy their own plane tickets home.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          They even left the guys stranded ... had to buy their own plane tickets home.
          What's even worse is some players are homeless as the hotels they were put into by the teams have kicked them out immediately smh. A total S*it show and embarrassment and hopefully the XFL has taken notice and won't be a replica of a disaster. IMO they launched way too quickly and the season should have run from May through the end of June after the draft so they would be able to sign kids who didn't get drafted for whatever reason and needed some exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
            What's even worse is some players are homeless as the hotels they were put into by the teams have kicked them out immediately smh. A total S*it show and embarrassment and hopefully the XFL has taken notice and won't be a replica of a disaster. IMO they launched way too quickly and the season should have run from May through the end of June after the draft so they would be able to sign kids who didn't get drafted for whatever reason and needed some exposure.

The XFL should just fold now. Save the time and money. I just cannot see any possibility it doesn't end in the same fashion (again).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              The XFL should just fold now. Save the time and money. I just cannot see any possibility it doesn't end in the same fashion (again).

Comment

The XFL "30 for 30" was fantastic. Wonder if they are planning the sequel? LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                  IMO they launched way too quickly and the season should have run from May through the end of June after the draft so they would be able to sign kids who didn't get drafted for whatever reason and needed some exposure.
                  I think they got more buzz by launching the week after the Super Bowl. That timing was better than having to compete with the start of MLB, and the end of the NHL and NBA seasons. And it did give a player like undrafted Max Redfield some exposure after coming back from injury. I hope he benefits from this token AAF season.

Comment

As far as the AAF, nobody really knows why Loudon pulled the plug. A lot of speculation. He saw the AAF as a minor league/developmental league and saw that wasn't happening. In my view, he probably ran up against the power structure that is the NFL and major college football and saw it wasn't moving.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                      As far as the AAF, nobody really knows why Loudon pulled the plug. A lot of speculation. He saw the AAF as a minor league/developmental league and saw that wasn't happening. In my view, he probably ran up against the power structure that is the NFL and major college football and saw it wasn't moving.
                      Exactly. The NFL already has an elite feeder system.

Comment

And now his watch has ended...Hope he got a ride home...

Comment

You can't stock a league with NFL failures and no-names. USFL had college stars and established NFL guys. If you're packaging yourself as pro football you need the top shelf

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X