Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GMAC expansion rumblings

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
    For sure. Closest school (along with WLU) and fellow Catholic institution. They are NDC's gateway to the MEC.
    Closest school is WLU and they clearly aren't going anywhere. As for WU's future, I wouldn't write them off just yet. Times are hard for most colleges with declining enrolement and financial difficulties pretty much the norm. Seems like most of these distressed schools tend to try and ride out the storm making no changes and hoping that enrolement (and tuition driven $'s) eventually goes back up. Sometimes that works but too often, it doesn't and the school has to close. At least WU has responded to try and right the ship before it goes completely under water. They may have been too slow to act and they may go out of business, but at least they are trying to do something. I'd put their chances at surviving and ultimately thriving at 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
      Closest school is WLU and they clearly aren't going anywhere. As for WU's future, I wouldn't write them off just yet. Times are hard for most colleges with declining enrolement and financial difficulties pretty much the norm. Seems like most of these distressed schools tend to try and ride out the storm making no changes and hoping that enrolement (and tuition driven $'s) eventually goes back up. Sometimes that works but too often, it doesn't and the school has to close. At least WU has responded to try and right the ship before it goes completely under water. They may have been too slow to act and they may go out of business, but at least they are trying to do something. I'd put their chances at surviving and ultimately thriving at 50/50.
      With all 18 sports (10-M, 8-W) still intact ?
      Last edited by CALUPA69; 06-03-2019, 06:15 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        With all 18 sports (10-M, 8-W) still intact ?
        I could see some trimming of teams. But remember, teams do contribute to enrollment! More likely they trim schollys and assistant coaches...at least until they get back on firm financial footing (if that happens).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X