Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP Defense

Re: IUP Defense

Tell me what your guys opinion is on this Defense?

Comment

Where's the new thread for IUP's Punter?

Comment

Delete these threads. This is so stupid

Comment

Originally posted by TJ85 View Post
          Delete these threads. This is so stupid

Comment

Geez, all this judging about what is a worthwhile post. It's the same old story - if it doesn't interest you don't reply to it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP410 View Post
              I don't see anything. Was your original post removed?

Comment

Originally posted by IUP410 View Post
                Tell me what your guys opinion is on this Defense?
                They will get there chance Sept. 7. Any talk about transfers and weather this guy is better or worse cause he transferred from RMU is pointless.....I will give my thoughts on the 8th of Sept.....The staff obviously saw a need in several areas after a subpar year as far as IUP standards....Nothing wrong with there efforts but once again until 1pm on the 7th when the rubber meets the road against a decent squad to boot.....To not add and delete from last years roster would of been my Main concern for sure....Finally to talk about a guys 40 time from 2015 is ludicrous, trust me there is not a top 25 D2 program that would not take a guy like Irvin Charles....Well worth the risk.....Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                  They will get there chance Sept. 7. Any talk about transfers and weather this guy is better or worse cause he transferred from RMU is pointless.....I will give my thoughts on the 8th of Sept.....The staff obviously saw a need in several areas after a subpar year as far as IUP standards....Nothing wrong with there efforts but once again until 1pm on the 7th when the rubber meets the road against a decent squad to boot.....To not add and delete from last years roster would of been my Main concern for sure....Finally to talk about a guys 40 time from 2015 is ludicrous, trust me there is not a top 25 D2 program that would not take a guy like Irvin Charles....Well worth the risk.....Just sayin
                  Valid point. And, don't forget, he is a risk. He's already been dismissed from a major program. I realize that 'violation of undisclosed team rules' saying cast a wide net. Nonetheless.

These guys sometimes come down here focused on one person only. Let's hope he works out like Max and is a good player AND teammate. Lord knows there was enough drama on that team last year to last 5 years.

But, yeah, roll the dice. Play with him or against him.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                    I agree 100% with you buddy.Trust me looking at that roster and the transfers they got in the secondary this Defense looks like it could be very scary on the 7th

Comment

To answer your question IUP410, I think there are a few questions that must be address during this fall camp. Last year's run defense was 8th in the PSAC, and those stats included playing against the 4 worst rushing offenses, to include 15th Millersville (38 carries/47 yards) #14 Seton Hill (18 carries/9 yards). I know I have stated this quite often, but the DL, particularly the DTs, they must play stout in order for their good LBs to make more tackles near or behind the line of scrimmage. The secondary has questions too. Former All American CB JR Stevens was benched 3 of the last 4 games, will he regain back his starting position? Is SS Shaq Jones 100% healthy from shoulder surgery? Who will start and play effectively the Free Safety AND Star positions? And we can't forget they now have a new DB coach. Will he have them playing better than the last season, or will they take another step back? I can't just automatically call this one of the best defense in the PSAC, some questions must be answered during the fall camp. I can wait til they get their chances on Sept 7, as IUP412 stated.
                      Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-06-2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Valid point. And, don't forget, he is a risk. He's already been dismissed from a major program. I realize that 'violation of undisclosed team rules' saying cast a wide net. Nonetheless.

These guys sometimes come down here focused on one person only. Let's hope he works out like Max and is a good player AND teammate. Lord knows there was enough drama on that team last year to last 5 years.

But, yeah, roll the dice. Play with him or against him.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X