Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSAC football players get noticed on NFL Draft weekend!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSAC football players get noticed on NFL Draft weekend!

Kutztown's Jerome Kapp has been invited to Jets Mini camp. Shepherd's Ronnie Brown gets signed by Tampa Bay.

Shep had 4 guys sign within an hour of the draft's end.

Comment

Tyson Bagent - Chicago
      Ronnie Brown - Tampa Bay
      Joey Fisher - San Francisco
      Brian Walker - Baltimore

These are all free agent signings.

Comment

Any of the PSAC guys who transferred to D1 schools get signed?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Tyson Bagent - Chicago
          Ronnie Brown - Tampa Bay
          Joey Fisher - San Francisco
          Brian Walker - Baltimore

These are all free agent signings.
          The days of D2 guys getting drafted may be over thanks to the portal and less D1 transfers in the D2 ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

The days of D2 guys getting drafted may be over thanks to the portal and less D1 transfers in the D2 ranks.
            This is true.

If you have the skills you move out of D2 and into the Portal. Heck we even are seeing a move to FCS from D2 more often than we had in the past. I recently say a kid who started at a D3, and went to an FCS, then a FBS, used COVID year to his advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Fisher was the #1 D2 recruit (or at least most likely to be drafted) with a round 5-6 projection.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Fisher was the #1 D2 recruit (or at least most likely to be drafted) with a round 5-6 projection.
                Fisher was listed in the 5th or 6th round by every major draft guru out there except for one. And that one is Mel Kiper. I roll my eyes at him a lot, but he was right on that one. But honestly, there's not much of a difference in a 7th round pick and a PFA.

Also, I am a Bears fan. Let's just say that below Fields there are opportunities for Bagent to latch on as a 3rd string guy. He would be a practice squad guy at the least, I feel.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X