Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I wouldn't be at IUP games, anyway, because of distance. But I can sit at my computer and have up 3 or 4 PSAC games at once, flipping between them. As a fan, can you even beat that by actually attending a game in person?
    I'm the opposite. I can't stand watching games on the screen as opposed to live. The social element plays into it as I enjoy seeing some friends, etc. From seeing some away broadcasts, I also feel I miss a lot on the screen. I REALLY can't stand when the play-by-play crew is in the booth with the windows closed and you can't hear the crowd (or anything else). I like hearing the hits, coaches screaming, etc.

The only thing I do miss in-person is replays. IUP shows very few.

I also would watch D1 instead of watching any other PSAC teams play.

I enjoy attending D2 games because of the ease and simplicity. For instance, I wouldn't go to an NFL game if the whole day was free. Getting in and out of State College is another experience I've pushed to the side.

I do strongly believe the app has kept many away from attending our games in person.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

This year (so far) and the past three seasons Bloomsburg is 13-27.

At this level, you better win to get humans in the seats (and, that doesn't even always work).

Consider (10) of our (16) teams are under 3,000 per game. That's awful.

PSAC Football is a good, entertaining product. Far too few people know about it. Add to it non-existent marketing, and, well, these are the numbers you get.

This league has basketball teams that outdraw football teams. That's pretty rare in college sports. IUP basketball gets a bigger gate than half of the football teams in this league.

The bottom half of the above list should all be at least doubled. The schools (and league) do a terrible job promoting the programs.
      ESU students regularly fill the gym for Men's basketball...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

ESU students regularly fill the gym for Men's basketball...
        You have a strong atmosphere there in hoops.

That's why I'm glad IUP plays there Dec. 30 as opposed to during the school year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You have a strong atmosphere there in hoops.

That's why I'm glad IUP plays there Dec. 30 as opposed to during the school year.
          One of the worst things about my time at BU is that I’m pretty sure every time the basketball team hosted IUP (and some other good west teams) was during the winter break. Awful scheduling decision.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

One of the worst things about my time at BU is that I’m pretty sure every time the basketball team hosted IUP (and some other good west teams) was during the winter break. Awful scheduling decision.
            Yeah, it sucks. That winter break is so freaking long. It's like 6 weeks. Lot of empty gyms during that stretch. We call it the Funeral Season on the hoops board.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X