Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 7 - This week was homecoming week for 4 out of the 6 games and VSU ran away with the crown for the attendance. However, I am not saying it isn't possible that they sold the stated amount of tickets (including students) but watching it on TV the visitors side didn't seem the most packed. I remember a few years back VSU used to list their stadium capacity above 14,000 but according to their website and the ncaa.org site their stadium capacity is 7,909. Sorry but I don't believe the stadium was at 188% of their capacity, unless a whole bunch of people didn't come in the game. I also tuned into parts of the VUU game, and that number actually seems fairly legit from I could see. The WSSU v. St Augs game had to deal with a bad weather forecast which kept a lot of people at home (if anyone watched the Florida State @ Wake game you can get an idea for how crazy the weather ended up being in the triad area that night).

Bowie @ VSU - 14,872 (Homecoming)
    Chowan @ VUU - 8,102 (Homecoming)
    Lincoln @ ECSU - 4,000 (Homecoming)
    FSU @ JCSU - 2,684
    St Augs @ WSSU (Neutral Site - High Point, NC) - 2,187
    Livingstone @ Shaw - Attendance is listed as 0 on their website. (Homecoming)

Comment

Week 8 - As one would expect we had another week where homecoming games were the attendance leaders. Assuming these numbers are correct JCSU did almost 120% of their stadium capacity and Bowie hit exactly at 100% of their stadium capacity. I also have to give credit to FSU for doing some better numbers this week, as their recent non homecoming numbers haven't looked so good.

Shaw @ JCSU - 5,388 (Homecoming)
      ECSU @ Chowan - 3,121 (Homecoming)
      St Augs @ FSU - 3,011
      VUU @ Bowie - 2,964
      VSU @ Lincoln - 1,854
      WSSU @ Livingstone - 1,437

Comment

For references purposes here are the stadium capacities as listed on the ncaa.org site:

WSSU - 18,000
        VUU - 10,000
        VSU - 7,909
        FSU - 6,000
        Livingstone - 6,000
        ECSU - 5,000
        Chowan - 5,000
        JCSU - 4,500
        Bowie - 2,964
        Lincoln - 2,800
        Shaw/St Augs - 2,500

Comment

Week 9 - WSSU took the crown this week with their homecoming crowd; however, as a Ram I will say I am disappointed with that number as we only hit about 65% of our stadium capacity. The weather was great, but there were a few thousand who didn't buy tickets and only went to the tailgates. St Augs should also get some credit for getting 100% of their stadium capacity for their homecoming crowd as well.

Shaw @ WSSU - 11,740 (Homecoming)
          ECSU @ VUU - 3,600
          FSU @ Livingstone - 2,964 (Homecoming)
          JCSU @ St Augs - 2,500 (Homecoming)
          VSU @ Chowan - 1,873
          Lincoln @ Bowie - 1,608

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X