3 Bowie St. 7-0 8-0
    4 Wingate 8-0 8-0
    5 West Florida 5-1 5-1
    6 Carson-Newman 5-2 5-2
    7 Virginia St. 6-1 6-1
    8 Mississippi Col. 4-2 4-2
    9 Virginia Union 5-2 5-2
    10 Albany St. (GA) 5-3 5-3 (SIAC)

The BSU Bulldogs are in great position right now. If they go 10-0 regular season and win the CIAA as I suspect they will, they have a great chance to move up in seeding. The teams above us have much more difficult games left on their schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post
      The BSU Bulldogs are in great position right now. If they go 10-0 regular season and win the CIAA as I suspect they will, they have a great chance to move up in seeding. The teams above us have much more difficult games left on their schedule.
      Maybe, but with Lincoln and ECSU, the Bulldogs SOS will take a substantial hit.

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

Maybe, but with Lincoln and ECSU, the Bulldogs SOS will take a substantial hit.
        You are absolutely correct. Bowie could actually drop depending on what other teams in the region do. Bowie could find themselves behind a one loss team.

Comment

The Wingate/LR and Valdosta/WFL games could make things interesting. Not to mention other games involving those teams before the regular season ends. Always seem to be a top 4 team in the SR rankings that ends up losing it's last game of the season lol. All Bowie has to do win their games. Whatever happens outside of that happens.

SN: It appears WSSU may be getting their swagger back. Not something this BSU supporter is taking lightly.

Comment

BSU will take no one lightly, including Lincoln, whi we will plaster 70+ on today..Coach Wilson would never allow it.

Comment

Mississippi College lost yesterday, so VUU should rise in the next rankings. Wingate lost too, but I don't think they'll fall below VA State. With that said the VA State/VUU game is practically a playoff game on it's own. Unless some type of shenanigans occur, the winner should get into the playoffs. Is it supposed to be televised this year?

Pretty sure Bowie is already in. Even if they lose the regular season finale and the CIAA title game, they've probably already secured themselves a playoff spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                Mississippi College lost yesterday, so VUU should rise in the next rankings. Wingate lost too, but I don't think they'll fall below VA State. With that said the VA State/VUU game is practically a playoff game on it's own. Unless some type of shenanigans occur, the winner should get into the playoffs. Is it supposed to be televised this year?

Pretty sure Bowie is already in. Even if they lose the regular season finale and the CIAA title game, they've probably already secured themselves a playoff spot.
                No sir! SOS already taking a hit with last 2 regular season games. Lose to ECSU and a 3 or 4-loss Southern Division team, Bowie will not even be in the Top 10. A loss to ECSU and a CIAA Championship win puts Bowie on the road in the first round at best.

Comment

Originally posted by wssuram View Post

No sir! SOS already taking a hit with last 2 regular season games. Lose to ECSU and a 3 or 4-loss Southern Division team, Bowie will not even be in the Top 10. A loss to ECSU and a CIAA Championship win puts Bowie on the road in the first round at best.
                  Bowie is NOT losing in the CIAA, period. This team is hitting on all cylinders. That defense had 6 ints in the first half this past week. The offense pulled starters after 1st half. The scary part, is they are still getting better, which happens as Johnson (QB)adjusts to being the full time starter and the OC crafting the offense around his intangibles . This is not me being over confident or having a bias, they are playing on another level right now. They won't sleep on ECSU and they certainly will bring it come Salem, regardless of the opponent

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post

Bowie is NOT losing in the CIAA, period. This team is hitting on all cylinders. That defense had 6 ints in the first half this past week. The offense pulled starters after 1st half. The scary part, is they are still getting better, which happens as Johnson (QB)adjusts to being the full time starter and the OC crafting the offense around his intangibles . This is not me being over confident or having a bias, they are playing on another level right now. They won't sleep on ECSU and they certainly will bring it come Salem, regardless of the opponent
                    I'm not questioning whether Bowie will win out. I was responding to the claim that they could lose these 2 and still make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

I believe you are right about the VSU/VUU game. I'm nervous. We barely beat a beat up Chowan team. I hope we pull it off. I would love to go to a playoff game on the road. I hope it's not Bowie. I'm getting tired of playing CIAA games in the playoffs. Our schedule is bad enough. I want to play OOC teams.

Comment

While I'm here I'm going to make a prediction. If Bowie and VSU win, Bowie and VSU will play in the first round of the playoffs. No matter what else happens. If this happens it will let you know that the rankings are fixed. You heard it here first. The final rankings never make any sense because they are fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
                          While I'm here I'm going to make a prediction. If Bowie and VSU win, Bowie and VSU will play in the first round of the playoffs. No matter what else happens. If this happens it will let you know that the rankings are fixed. You heard it here first. The final rankings never make any sense because they are fixed.
                          The new rules are supposed to avoid first round rematches from happening and teams 5-7 can be moved to a different region.

If Valdosta and LR win out then I don't think Bowie will jump either team. Only seeds 1-4 get ranked and 5-7 are at large, so they can play around with the opening round games and it doesn't have to be the true 2 v. 7, 3 v. 6, and 4 v. 5 matchups. However, the NCAA is supposed to avoid rematches and flights.

One wild card that needs to be considered is that assuming VSU finishes 5-7 then you guys could get placed into the SR1 playoff bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

The new rules are supposed to avoid first round rematches from happening and teams 5-7 can be moved to a different region.

If Valdosta and LR win out then I don't think Bowie will jump either team. Only seeds 1-4 get ranked and 5-7 are at large, so they can play around with the opening round games and it doesn't have to be the true 2 v. 7, 3 v. 6, and 4 v. 5 matchups. However, the NCAA is supposed to avoid rematches and flights.

One wild card that needs to be considered is that assuming VSU finishes 5-7 then you guys could get placed into the SR1 playoff bracket.
                            That might be a sweet set up if it isn't 30 degrees.

Comment

LegalRam - Thanks for educating me. That happened a couple of years ago and it made me sick!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X