Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIAA May Be Doomed By Earned Access This Year

The new regional rankings are out and if this was the final as of today Albany State would leap frog VUU and VSU to get the 7th and final seed. With only 1 game left for VSU and VUU I think it's in the CIAA's best interest for VSU to win if we want two schools in. VSU then needs to hope that Valdosta beats West Florida as that appears to be the most realistic chance for a team with at least one loss ahead of them to lose another game. As long as VSU can at least get to #6 they should be safe. The other option is to hope that the SIAC beats each other up in the next two weeks to the point that no team finishes in the Top 9.

1 Lenoir-Rhyne 9-0 9-0
    2 Valdosta St. 8-0 8-0
    3 Bowie St. 8-0 9-0
    4 Wingate 8-1 8-1
    5 West Florida 6-1 6-1
    6 Carson-Newman 6-2 6-2
    7 Virginia St. 7-1 7-1
    8 Virginia Union 6-2 6-2
    9 Albany St. (GA) 6-3 6-3
    10 West Ga. 6-3 6-3

I think you need to cheer for a Carson Newman loss, I wouldn't be all that confident in a WF loss bumping them to 7. When's the last time the GSC only had 1 team in? The other possibility is if Wingate loses its last two games against decent competition, or gets beatdown in one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by BearsLRU View Post
      I think you need to cheer for a Carson Newman loss, I wouldn't be all that confident in a WF loss bumping them to 7. When's the last time the GSC only had 1 team in? The other possibility is if Wingate loses its last two games against decent competition, or gets beatdown in one of them.
      VSU needs to hope 4-6 all take some losses, but I don't see CN or Wingate losing another game. If WF losses then they would have a 6-2 record. If I'm not mistaken WF would at least have to be moved behind CN at the point they have the same record as CN since CN has the head to head win over them (at least I thought that used to be a thing when considering regional rankings).

At that point I have no idea what would happen if you had a one loss VSU and 2 loss WF. I don't claim to completely know how the formula works.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

VSU needs to hope 4-6 all take some losses, but I don't see CN or Wingate losing another game. If WF losses then they would have a 6-2 record. If I'm not mistaken WF would at least have to be moved behind CN at the point they have the same record as CN since CN has the head to head win over them (at least I thought that used to be a thing when considering regional rankings).

At that point I have no idea what would happen if you had a one loss VSU and 2 loss WF. I don't claim to completely know how the formula works.
        Its mostly just number crunching I believe, so WF wouldn't necessarily fall behind Carson Newman, though I suspect they would, keep in mind Wingate lost @ LR and didn't budge so I still think they'd stay ahead of Virginia State assuming the WF loss is to Valdosta. I would say your best bet is a loss by Carson Newman. 3 loses should eliminate them. Mars Hill has a shot at Wingate, I'm not going to pick them but crazier things have happened. Newberry has a good defense too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X