Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCSU football

Out of you CIAA folks, who knows the most about JCSU football?

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
    Out of you CIAA folks, who knows the most about JCSU football?
    I believe we used to have a poster who was a JCSU alum, but not sure if they have been on here lately.

Kermit Blount is still technically their coach, I thought his contract was up but haven't heard anything. We have posters on here who played under Blount during his time at WSSU.

You also have a few posters who live in or around the Charlotte area.

​​​​​​Any particular questions?

Comment

I worked on their campus the first three weeks of January.

From what I was told they are keeping the coach for one more season. Basically a prove it year. I think the President and others are wanting to see if he can build on the 4-6 campaign they had last year.

Was also curious about a particular player who I met while I was there. Name is Kyaire Bynum. OLB and Safety. Seems like a really nice kid.

Comment

He is a nice kid indeed from what I can tell.

what do you want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post
          He is a nice kid indeed from what I can tell.

what do you want to know?
          Is he a good football player? I've seen some of his film, and looked at his numbers. He doesnt have eye popping numbers but it's always hard to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Is he a good football player? I've seen some of his film, and looked at his numbers. He doesnt have eye popping numbers but it's always hard to tell.
            Didn’t realize he was in the transfer portal until I researched it. I think he’s a good player. His best statistical season was 2017, but keep in mind that I think he got targeted more that year because teams were throwing away from fellow safety Carlo Thomas (who was probably the best defensive player to ever play at JCSU). I think teams started throwing away from him in 18 and 19, hence is why people targeted Fellow safety Kajj Huitt. Also, consider that the CIAA South isn’t exactly a harbinger of passing teams.

Do I think he could excel at another school? Yes, he has that potential. Do I see him as a starter, say in the SAC? Probably not right away, but I could be wrong.

What I’ve learned about CIAA transfers is that some can do well in other leagues. One that comes to mind is DB Elems Uwku, who was at Livingstone and ended up being a statistical leader in D2 when he transferred to Lake Erie College the next season. He was good at Stone, but wasn’t gonna be at the top of anything at a national level statistically because the CIAA South’s tendency towards balance or run first.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X