X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the heck is going on at St Augs?

What the heck is going on at St Augs?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=H99GlebAJL4

This is really starting to become pretty ridiculous!!

Re: What the heck is going on at St Augs?

I definitely feel bad for St. Aug. but it is the responsibility of the alumni to take care of their HBCU. If I was a St. Aug. alum I would first be setting up a recurring contribution, then I would complain like hell. The president would know my first name. This is absolutely ridiculous. There is no way that dorm should be in use. I would hate to see St. Aug go the way of St. Paul but that is the way it is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
      I definitely feel bad for St. Aug. but it is the responsibility of the alumni to take care of their HBCU. If I was a St. Aug. alum I would first be setting up a recurring contribution, then I would complain like hell. The president would know my first name. This is absolutely ridiculous. There is no way that dorm should be in use. I would hate to see St. Aug go the way of St. Paul but that is the way it is looking.
      So if it is the responsibility of the alum then what is the tuition for? The staff who earn a salary for a job they applied for need to do their job. From the top-down. Just saying!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
        St. Augs alums just stepped up to the plate to save the school over the past few years, and finished 2018 with a good push. https://www.st-aug.edu/saint-augusti...end-donations/
        The current President (who recently announced his resignation) got them back on a good financial footing, so it will be interesting to see what the next President will be able to do to improve the school.

These old dorms on campuses have to be kept in check. JCSU also just recently had a mold problem and had to delay the start of this semester. https://www.wfae.org/post/jcsu-delay...due-mold-dorms

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
          So if it is the responsibility of the alum then what is the tuition for? The staff who earn a salary for a job they applied for need to do their job. From the top-down. Just saying!!!
          Let's be real about this. St. Aug can't afford to raise tuition enough to get them out of this jam. They are not an elite school. Also that would displace a lot of students because they would not be able to afford it. So let's throw that out the window.

The staff needs money to do their job. Just like it takes money to run this site.

This may not be the case with St. Aug. but when it comes to HBCUs in general, the average alumni giving rate is 11%. So yes I blame the alum for the situation they are in. If St. Aug had 30K students I would feel differently but when you have went to a small school you should understand the strain that it is under and give. Only a few people in this country want HBCUs to even survive so it's up to the alum to make sure their school doesn't end up like St. Paul.

Comment

Sadly, I believe (as I'm sure others do) that if St Aug continues in it's present trajectory (even though they did raise some much needed temporary funding recently) without something drastically happening soon, such as the state of NC somehow fully acquiring it (for funding to keep the doors open), we may be speaking of the school in past terms in as little as 2 to 3 years from now. Small private colleges all operate similar to businesses, and if the dollars coming in do not offset the required and needed funding to operate, cuts must be immediately made to equate to the incoming financial funding, and if that doesn't work, ultimately an exit strategy has to be implemented.

Hopefully changes can be made, but ultimately as it stands now, it's fate falls completely into the hands of the school's administration, faculty, students, alumni, and donors, and really nobody else.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X