• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Game Thread

Post updates when you get them.

VUU is up 26-0 over JCSU.

Comment

ECSU up 7-0 over WSSU after an 81 yard drive that was kept alive on a suspect 4th down pass interference call.

Comment

ECSU up now 13-0

Comment

WSSU finally scores in the 3rd.

ECSU 13
          WSSU 7

9:44 3rd

Comment

Chowan is up 42-12 over St Augs in the 3rd.

Comment

VUU is up 33-7 over JCSU in the 3rd.

Comment

ECSU 19- WSSU 14. Final
                I honestly don't know the last time ECSU beat WSSU. Maybe sometime in the early 00's.

Comment

We are really bad at WSSU. At this point we'd be lucky to get 3 wins (LC, JCSU, St Augs).

The only two positive things about this season are: 1) Massey should not be back and we can finally go and find a coach; 2) the stadium renovations look good and we have some really nice restrooms now (yes our outlook is so bad that one of the few things to celebrate are new restrooms.)

Comment

Hey Legal. Just wanted to say I appreciate you keeping us posted with the scores every week. I know you don't have to do it, but it's real cool that you do!

Comment

Is Chowan actually good this year? As a BSU fan, I can't help but notice that they're the only undefeated team in the CIAA. That Bowie/Chowan game in 2 weeks seems like a much bigger deal now than it did before the season started.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                        We are really bad at WSSU. At this point we'd be lucky to get 3 wins (LC, JCSU, St Augs).

The only two positive things about this season are: 1) Massey should not be back and we can finally go and find a coach; 2) the stadium renovations look good and we have some really nice restrooms now (yes our outlook is so bad that one of the few things to celebrate are new restrooms.)
                        LegalRam, man I absolutely don't know what to say. I've never seen a coaching staff this inept. No discipline, continual personal fouls, holding, false starts, etc. No, and I mean No offensive creativity. No mis direction, no motion, no sweeps, no reverses, nothing. Kershaw, Massey All have to go. It is extremely frustrating watching WSSU football. No game management, none... called two time outs in the third quarter because they couldn't get the play in... then in the fourth quarter, no leverage to stop the clock and penalties so we can't get off the field. We may not win a game this season. (LC, Shaw, St. Aug. are not a given at All!)

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                          Hey Legal. Just wanted to say I appreciate you keeping us posted with the scores every week. I know you don't have to do it, but it's real cool that you do!
                          Thanks man, just trying to bring some action to this board. Since I'm not really going to games right now during Covid it makes it easier to jump around and check out the various games that are streaming.

Chowan is pretty good, but I think Bowie will beat them. Their run game isn't the best, so against better teams they become one dimensional and have to rely on the pass. Their QB is good, but I've seen him try to force some crazy passes which could result in turnovers.

I think Bowie's defense will be the equalizer when y'all play and I don't think the Chowan O will be able to be as productive.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSU1996 View Post

LegalRam, man I absolutely don't know what to say. I've never seen a coaching staff this inept. No discipline, continual personal fouls, holding, false starts, etc. No, and I mean No offensive creativity. No mis direction, no motion, no sweeps, no reverses, nothing. Kershaw, Massey All have to go. It is extremely frustrating watching WSSU football. No game management, none... called two time outs in the third quarter because they couldn't get the play in... then in the fourth quarter, no leverage to stop the clock and penalties so we can't get off the field. We may not win a game this season. (LC, Shaw, St. Aug. are not a given at All!)
                            It's bad for us all around. Massey now has a track record of running two successful programs into the ground, remember he took over Shaw the year after they won the CIAA and turned them into a non contender. We have some talent, I got to put this on the coaches (especially the NCCU and ECSU losses).

At this point I just hope the talented players we have will stick around for what is likely to be our worse season since 09 and this coaching change that is sure to come.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                              Is Chowan actually good this year? As a BSU fan, I can't help but notice that they're the only undefeated team in the CIAA. That Bowie/Chowan game in 2 weeks seems like a much bigger deal now than it did before the season started.
                              I would much rather see Bowie/FSU play this season but I'll take Chowan/BSU and Chowan/VUU. Games of the year!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X