Punter
    Achille Laudet, Lincoln (PA)*#

* - Returning 2021 All-CIAA First Team selection
    + - Returning 2021 All-CIAA Second Team selection
    # - Returning 2021 CIAA Special Teams Player of the Year
    ! - Returning 2021 CIAA Offensive Rookie of the Year
    $ - Returning 2021 CIAA Defensive Rookie of the Year

2022 CIAA Preseason Football Predicted Order of Finish

With key coaching and player departures at Bowie I think the CIAA is going to be wide open this year, so I have no issues with the projected finish.

As a wild guess I would say VUU and WSSU win their respective divisions. However, I think Bowie, VSU, and VUU all have a chance in the North, and WSSU, Shaw, and FSU all have a chance in the South.

I don't know if we will be completly back at WSSU, but I think FSU's schedule is going to kill their momentum. With UNCP, Wingate, and VUU all in September they could easily be 1-3 going into October. That kind of start could completly derail their season.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
      With key coaching and player departures at Bowie I think the CIAA is going to be wide open this year, so I have no issues with the projected finish.

As a wild guess I would say VUU and WSSU win their respective divisions. However, I think Bowie, VSU, and VUU all have a chance in the North, and WSSU, Shaw, and FSU all have a chance in the South.

I don't know if we will be completly back at WSSU, but I think FSU's schedule is going to kill their momentum. With UNCP, Wingate, and VUU all in September they could easily be 1-3 going into October. That kind of start could completly derail their season.
      I agree with you to an extent, but I would say watch out for Shaw, who won 6 out of the last 8 games to end last season. Plus they have some key players coming back. At the same time, I also can see WSSU contending for the South as well

Comment

WSSU will win the south especially with the brand new addition of Richard Latimer from Fayetteville State and Asa Barnes from ECU. This team is stacked from top to bottom I hope they can come together with these young coordinators. I believe VSU will win the north they got some fire power & Carlos will bring the defense up.

Comment

I will approach this season like I have the last four or five, with cautious optimism! I like to think of myself as a realest, and until Massey and his program proves differently, I will remain that way. Bowie State will always carry the target in the North but anytime there is a coaching change you have to take a wait and see approach. When Maynor left, WSSU was okay over the next two seasons but true Ram fans could see a decline formulating. I hope Bowie doesn't get caught in that trap.

All the preseason predicated leaders in the North either have new or interim head coaches and key new coordinator staff, DCs and OCs. Chowan will be an interesting case to watch because they started off last season like gangbusters then faded down the stretch.

In the South, Fayetteville State is still the standard bearer. However, Shaw showed they could absolutely run the ball down your throat with that big O-Line in the closing portion of last season. JC Smith, Livingstone, and St. Aug, all can sit back and play the spoiler role. Teams with seemingly low expectations always concern me as a former coach and player. The "nothing to lose" attitude is always dangerous!

So, overall, I will say again, I'm cautiously optimistic about our season at WSSU, but either way, I will be there to see every snap! Go Rams!
          Last edited by WSSU1996; 07-21-2022, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Personally I am awaiting to see the players that will show up on August 3rd as WSSU's camp open. Coach Massey has tried to assemble the best coaching staff he can afford and frankly he has done a good job. I am also excited about the fact that WSSU has a permanent HC with four years to build it. I view this year for the Rams as building that foundation to begin championship runs. With a young capable staff, solid players, and a rejuvenated athletic department, the future is bright for WSSU. I too am "cautiously optimistic" about where my Rams will end up. Salem, VA is not out of the question.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X