Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Discussion and Score Thread

Only two days away from the Thursday night kickoffs. Post any articles, scores, comments, etc.

Livingstone will be breaking in their new blue turf this Saturday against Catawba.

https://www.wbtv.com/2022/08/30/livi...game-saturday/

Comment

It is past time for "other efforts" to be explored on getting WSSU it's own football field, running track, softball field, and athletic offices to include dressing rooms and meeting facilities. I along with a coach has been in conversations about solving this problem. More info will out soon. Lastly, the NC State Assembly is NOT going to approve the purchase of property, Bowman Gray Stadium, which has a health hazard on it which makes it damaged property. They are also actively trying to get rid of the HBCU's in general.

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
        It is past time for "other efforts" to be explored on getting WSSU it's own football field, running track, softball field, and athletic offices to include dressing rooms and meeting facilities. I along with a coach has been in conversations about solving this problem. More info will out soon. Lastly, the NC State Assembly is NOT going to approve the purchase of property, Bowman Gray Stadium, which has a health hazard on it which makes it damaged property. They are also actively trying to get rid of the HBCU's in general.
        I am all for a solid plan. I would just like to see where we get the land from and how we maximize the investment. We have the old practice field, but assuming we want to have a visitors side we would need to tear out Cromatire street and shift the field over, or get some engineers to figure out how to build stands on that hill that drops off.

In today's environment I just want to make sure we receive some ROI on building a new 8 figure stadium that will only see 4-6 regular season games. Now if we can schedule some local high school games and other community events then it starts to be a good investment.

Sidenote, don't we own the track and field where the football and track teams practice?

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
          Livingstone will be breaking in their new blue turf this Saturday against Catawba.

https://www.wbtv.com/2022/08/30/livi...game-saturday/
          Ummm what? A blue turf? No, never heard of that!

Comment

Originally posted by NewHaven Alum View Post

Ummm what? A blue turf? No, never heard of that!
            You see New Haven has a blue field, but Livingstone has a "Livingstone Blue" colored field. Completly different things........LOL

Comment

You see New Haven has a blue field, but Livingstone has a "Livingstone Blue" colored field. Completly different things........LOL
              Oh ok just a different blue, got ya.

Comment

I just got the word that UNCP really strengthened their already loaded offense with key transfers from Wofford and Air Force. We'll see how much of an impact they make in the FSU vs UNCP matchup.

Best of luck to all teams!!!

College Football is finally here!!!!

Comment

I am all for a solid plan. I would just like to see where we get the land from and how we maximize the investment. We have the old practice field, but assuming we want to have a visitors side we would need to tear out Cromatire street and shift the field over, or get some engineers to figure out how to build stands on that hill that drops off.

In today's environment I just want to make sure we receive some ROI on building a new 8 figure stadium that will only see 4-6 regular season games. Now if we can schedule some local high school games and other community events then it starts to be a good investment.

Sidenote, don't we own the track and field where the football and track teams practice?
                  I think its both somehow.
                  https://wssurams.com/sports/2022/4/1...itan-Park.aspx

Comment

Barton is up 10-3 over Chowan in the 3rd.

JCSU is up 20-17 over Bluefield in the 3rd.

Comment

Barton wins 17-3 over Chowan.

JCSU v. Bluefield appears to be tied 27-27

Comment

Tusculum beat St Augs 70-13.........

Comment

Bluefield beats JCSU 35-34. JCSU scores first in OT and makes kick. Bluefield scores and then gets the two point conversion for the win.

Comment

VUU was modest and only beat VUL 77-0..........

Comment

Can we raise some money for these online broadcasts? "Tried" to watch VUU games on the CIAASN and looked like I was watching an 80s sitcom on an old TV with a coat hanger as an antenna. The Chowan game was decent.

BTW I have a 1GB internet connection so it wasn't me.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X