Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
    I actually would be very surprised if we're 8-1 by the time we get to Union. That would mean we beat Bowie and Shaw. That would be great!
    Bowie getting swept by the Virginia schools this season wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Lincoln at JC Smith
      Bowie at St. Augustine's
      Elizabeth City State at Shaw
      Virginia Union at Fayetteville State
      Virginia State at Livingstone
      Winston-Salem State at Chowan

Comment

You have more faith than me. VSU has one big flaw. If you stop our running game, we have no offense. We probably have one of the worst starting QBs in the conference. IMO our backup Davis should start. Every time Blake throws I hold my breath hoping it doesn't get picked. Then I question the coaching. We need to take more risks.

I actually would be very surprised if we're 8-1 by the time we get to Union. That would mean we beat Bowie and Shaw. That would be great!
        Agree fully. I'm surprised that Dr. Frazier is starting Blake instead of Davis. Davis is far more versatile and moves well in the pocket. Blake is a big dude, but he doesn't use his size to his advantage and the way he carries the ball is scary. Now that we're into the real meat of the conference schedule, hopefully, Davis will be named the starter.

Comment

You have more faith than me. VSU has one big flaw. If you stop our running game, we have no offense. We probably have one of the worst starting QBs in the conference. IMO our backup Davis should start. Every time Blake throws I hold my breath hoping it doesn't get picked. Then I question the coaching. We need to take more risks.

Maybe Davis has gotten better, but he seemed like he plays a little too fast and loose. That probably scares the coaches more than anything. Blake does have running ability, and I sorta notice that sometimes the WRs dont get enough separation (making the throws tighter).

Comment

Originally posted by gr8ness97 View Post

Maybe Davis has gotten better, but he seemed like he plays a little too fast and loose. That probably scares the coaches more than anything. Blake does have running ability, and I sorta notice that sometimes the WRs dont get enough separation (making the throws tighter).
            I think you made my argument stronger. If you stop our running game, we're done. I think Bowie has the same issue now, which is why they lost two games this year so far.

Comment

Lincoln at JC Smith
              Bowie at St. Augustine's
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Lincoln at JC Smith - JCSU has a decent offense this year, and Lincoln has to make the long trip.
                Bowie at St. Augustine's - Bowie is about to take out some frustration.
                Elizabeth City State at Shaw - Shaw usually saves their meltdown game for St Augs, so I think they roll here.
                Virginia Union at Fayetteville State - VUU is rolling, but I could see this being the game where they slip up. I'm just not bold enough to predict the upset.
                Virginia State at Livingstone - Could be close or could be a blow out, but either way I'm going with VSU.
                Winston-Salem State at Chowan - Hoping for the upset, but I have no faith that WSSU can win this game.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

Not sure what to make of this statement. Seems like you aren't confident in VA State's chances against VA Union. Honestly, I think the only CIAA team that can beat VUU this season is VA State. I believe we're going to see a 9-0 Union versus an 8-1 State when the Gold Bowl comes in week 10. I could end up being wrong, but that's how I think the season will play out.

SN: is the game still called the Gold Bowl?
                  Personally I like to refere to the game as the Saint Paul's Memorial Classic. Lol

Comment

Week 4 Games
                    Lincoln at JC Smith
                    Bowie at St. Augustine's

Comment

All selections are bolded.

Lincoln at JC Smith
                      Bowie State at St. Augustine's

Comment

Don't forget to put your picks out gr8ness. I might want to copy your picks,lol!!!

Comment

Bowie
                          jcsu
                          Shaw
                          Fayetteville State
                          Virginia State
                          Winston-Salem State

Comment

Finally, GoVSUTrojans and WSSU1996 run the table with their weekly picks! Lincoln tripped almost everyone up this week! I originally had Winston, (my heart) but I went by practice last week and I saw chaos, so I changed my pick! Winston truly may not win a game this season! VUU, VSU, and Bowie St. have separated themselves as the North contenders. While FSU and Shaw will decide the South.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X