Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Schedules

VUU will be playing Morehouse in the 2023 Black College Football HOF Classic on 9/3/23 in Canton, OH.

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
    VUU will be playing Morehouse in the 2023 Black College Football HOF Classic on 9/3/23 in Canton, OH.
    I know Morehouse has a nationwide alumni base, so maybe there will be a decent turnout. I think they should keep Central State as a regular participant for this game. An out of conference neutral site D2 game isn't a draw. Central State definitely had more fans on their side of the stadium than Winston last season (at least that's what I saw watching it on TV). If they care about actually getting people in the stadium for the game, Central State may need to be a part of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

I know Morehouse has a nationwide alumni base, so maybe there will be a decent turnout. I think they should keep Central State as a regular participant for this game. An out of conference neutral site D2 game isn't a draw. Central State definitely had more fans on their side of the stadium than Winston last season (at least that's what I saw watching it on TV). If they care about actually getting people in the stadium for the game, Central State may need to be a part of the equation.
      I didn't attend the game last year, but I think we brought a decent crowd from the pictures I saw.

This game is backed by the NFL and has a built in TV contract with the NFL Network, so unlike a lot of other classics it isn't relying on ticket sales. I actually like that this affords them the opportunity to invite a rotation of schools. They have had FCS matchups and they have had D2 matchups and I believe Morehouse is the only repeat invite so far.

I know that having a packed crowd looks better on TV, but at least some schools are getting national air time that normally wouldn't.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X