Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

I have a feeling the CIAA might drop Claflin at some point to be honest. Let's keep it real, they were only brought in to replace Chowan after they moved all their sports except football to Conference Carolinas. The CIAA seems to have a preference for schools that sponsor football. Claflin may be an oddball out now.
    From a financial and alum support perspective Claflin is a strong member of the conference. They seem to always lead all HBCUs in alumni giving rate and tend to have a rate between 45-50%. They also have a pretty decent endowment for a smaller private HBCU.

They are in a lot better position than St Augs and Shaw. So if I was the conference I would keep them around as long as they want to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Tusculum isn't the worst choice out there as they did finish 8-3 last season; I'd argue there was a good chance they would've made the playoffs had they not lost their last two games (at Mars Hill and at Lenoir-Rhyne).
      The game against Mars Hill was essentially for the Mountain Division title and a trip to the SAC title game. As much as I hate saying it, they are far from being a bad option considering they were top 6 in the SAC last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

I have a feeling the CIAA might drop Claflin at some point to be honest. Let's keep it real, they were only brought in to replace Chowan after they moved all their sports except football to Conference Carolinas. The CIAA seems to have a preference for schools that sponsor football. Claflin may be an oddball out now.
        Yep. My thought exactly in regard to Claflin, especially since the Commissioner essentially failed to address the question regarding the uneven number of schools when asked at the CIAA tourney last week. But, I’d rather have Claflin than Bluefield State, even though both are a better fit for the SIAC from a demographic standpoint.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X