Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far so good for the Bowie State upset bid with the Bulldogs up 15-3 at halftime at Delaware State.

Comment

Another touchdown for Bowie State, now up 22-3 over Delaware State with 13:57 left in the 4th.

Comment

Bowie wins 22-11

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
          Bowie wins 22-11
          That's a good win for y'all today

Comment

NCCU up 17-0 over WSSU in the 2nd.

Comment

NCCU punt return for a TD. Now 24-0 in the 2nd. Time to warm the bus up. Let's pull our starters and get ready for next week.

Comment

Upset alert. VSU up 27-24 with 7:30 left in the game. VSU ball.

Comment

NSU his gambled on 4th and 1 from the 5. VSU held and stopped them. VSU ball on their 5 with 1 minute.

Comment

So man that was one crazy ending in Norfolk.

VSU had 4th down on their own 4 with about 6 seconds left up 27-24. The natural thought is get it to a QB or RB and let them run off as much time as possible and take the safety. Well, their backup QB gets the ball and runs to one side of the end zone but then decides to run out and out of bounds at the 5 with 1 second left.

NSU gets the ball and opts for the FG. The holder blows catching the ball and VSU recovers and returns it for a 95 yard TD. Final VSU 33 NSU 24.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                        So man that was one crazy ending in Norfolk.

VSU had 4th down on their own 4 with about 6 seconds left up 27-24. The natural thought is get it to a QB or RB and let them run off as much time as possible and take the safety. Well, their backup QB gets the ball and runs to one side of the end zone but then decides to run out and out of bounds at the 5 with 1 second left.

NSU gets the ball and opts for the FG. The holder blows catching the ball and VSU recovers and returns it for a 95 yard TD. Final VSU 33 NSU 24.
                        What a wild ending! I was watching this game on ESPN+. I always root for the DII school against FCS competition, so I'm glad VSU got the W. The smile on the VSU Coach's face was priceless as #27 was returning the botched FG snap. I'm glad Bowie won, too.

That corner on VSU, #23, is nice.
                        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

WSSU is only down 37-0 at half..........

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

What a wild ending! I was watching this game on ESPN+. I always root for the DII school against FCS competition, so I'm glad VSU got the W. The smile on the VSU Coach's face was priceless as #27 was returning the botched FG snap. I'm glad Bowie won, too.

That corner on VSU, #23, is nice.
                            Yeah that was wild, getting the win over FCS and a rival on top of that is huge. Glad Bowie and VSU got the wins against MEAC schools because we are getting blown off the field by Central.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Yeah that was wild, getting the win over FCS and a rival on top of that is huge. Glad Bowie and VSU got the wins against MEAC schools because we are getting blown off the field by Central.
                              Beating an FCS school is always exciting. My junior season in 2006, we beat Stephen F Austin and in 2007 we beat Jackson State. For VSU to win in a rivalry game, that's even bigger for all involved.

I switched over to the WSSU vs. NCCU game, but quickly went to a different game. NCCU is probably the class of the MEAC, especially with their QB, so WSSU definitely had the tougher game today.
                              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

Beating an FCS school is always exciting. My junior season in 2006, we beat Stephen F Austin and in 2007 we beat Jackson State. For VSU to win in a rivalry game, that's even bigger for all involved.

I switched over to the WSSU vs. NCCU game, but quickly went to a different game. NCCU is probably the class of the MEAC, especially with their QB, so WSSU definitely had the tougher game today.
                                Yeah, it sucks that we couldn't play them during our up years and their down years about a decade ago. These past two meetings have been ugly as we have trended down and they have trended up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X