Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIAA, HBCU GO reach long-term media rights deal

Per HBCU Gameday, the issues between the CIAA and HBCU GO have been settled with a new long-term media rights agreement.
    https://hbcugameday.com/2023/09/12/c...a-rights-deal/

From the article - "As part of the partnership, a portion of the funds will be invested to upgrade the CIAA’s 13 member schools’ campus-wide sports and broadcast equipment to ensure everyone has equitable resources and to assure quality broadcasts across the conference. The CIAA utilized the summer months to visit each of the campuses to assess equipment, internet, and technology needs."

I swear they made a similar statement a few years ago about investing funds in the schools when the conference started charging to stream games, and we see how that went. Hopefully all the schools can produce a quality product, because some of these basketball and football games can be painful trying to stream.

Comment

The official press release is up now.
      https://theciaa.com/news/2023/9/11/m...t-release.aspx

Comment

Does anyone find it ironic that the press release doesn't have the numbers? But from looking at things closely, the CIAA is giving up all of their content to this company. I don't understand why these schools don't invest in themselves and control their own content.

Comment

Maybe I just don't know how to use the App, but the last two weeks HBCU GO seems to be showing reruns of games instead of showing the CIAA game of the week. Thankfully I have the Grio network in my TV package and I can see the games on TV, but the HBCU GO app seems to be a bust for our conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
            Maybe I just don't know how to use the App, but the last two weeks HBCU GO seems to be showing reruns of games instead of showing the CIAA game of the week. Thankfully I have the Grio network in my TV package and I can see the games on TV, but the HBCU GO app seems to be a bust for our conference games.
            Yup. They do that. There website is not user friendly. It's a terrible design.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post

Yup. They do that. There website is not user friendly. It's a terrible design.
              That sucks. It seems like they make sure the SWAC games get shown. When it comes to us and the SIAC it's a real gamble if our games will actually be streamed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X