Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIAA CHAMPIONSHIP TALK!

Will State still go if we lose to Lincoln and beat Union?

Originally posted by LT93bunny View Post
    Will State still go if we lose to Lincoln and beat Union?
    Unless the CIAA comes up with some new tie breaker rules, because they are notorious for that, I think VSU would still make it. You all would both be 6-2 in conference and you would have the head to head win.

I think the only teams still in the running are VUU and VSU in the North and WSSU and FSU in the South.

No matter what happens in games this weekend for VSU and VUU, next week's game between the two will determine the North Champion. If FSU wins this week then they win the South. If FSU loses and WSSU wins, then next week's game between the two will be for the South Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Unless the CIAA comes up with some new tie breaker rules, because they are notorious for that, I think VSU would still make it. You all would both be 6-2 in conference and you would have the head to head win.

I think the only teams still in the running are VUU and VSU in the North and WSSU and FSU in the South.

No matter what happens in games this weekend for VSU and VUU, next week's game between the two will determine the North Champion. If FSU wins this week then they win the South. If FSU loses and WSSU wins, then next week's game between the two will be for the South Championship.
      What is the purpose of Divisions. If we lost to Lincoln that ould give us 2 Division/2 Conference losses and Union 1 Division/2 Conference losses. Im all confused. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LT93bunny View Post
        What is the purpose of Divisions. If we lost to Lincoln that ould give us 2 Division/2 Conference losses and Union 1 Division/2 Conference losses. Im all confused. Lol
        Divisions are at the bottom of what matters, assuming that hasn't changed. So first priority is conference overall record. Since in this scenario y'all would both be 6-2 then you next look to head to head. That's the easy way.

Things start to get complicated when you get to a three or more way tie. That's when they look at wins versus common opponents, and then they could eventually look at margin of victory.

Comment

You made my day.

Comment

FSU punched their tickets to Salem and now all eyes are on Richmond on Saturday. This is a winner takes all for VUU v. VSU as the loser will not only lose the division, but will in all likelihood kill any playoff hopes.

Comment

FSU punched their tickets to Salem and now all eyes are on Richmond on Saturday. This is a winner takes all for VUU v. VSU as the loser will not only lose the division, but will in all likelihood kill any playoff hopes.
              I think the loser of this game will go to the Miami bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by gsutiger2002 View Post

I think the loser of this game will go to the Miami bowl game.
                From a record perspective that makes sense, but it was previously stated that the selected teams just need to have a winning record. So I guess if I'm the Bowl committee I'm looking at who travels the best in the CIAA with a winning record. But looking at the VA schools, FSU, and JCSU my money would be that the VA schools would travel better.

Comment

From a record perspective that makes sense, but it was previously stated that the selected teams just need to have a winning record. So I guess if I'm the Bowl committee I'm looking at who travels the best in the CIAA with a winning record. But looking at the VA schools, FSU, and JCSU my money would be that the VA schools would travel better.
                  I know the Florida Beach Bowl wants teams with at least 6 wins, but because honestly, despite the season they're having, WSSU would have the larger traveling fanbase.

Comment

If you are HC FSU: Do you play to win against WSSU or rest starters and play back ups? Do you risk getting players hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
                      If you are HC FSU: Do you play to win against WSSU or rest starters and play back ups? Do you risk getting players hurt?
                      If you have any hopes of making the playoffs you have to play to beat WSSU. An 8-3 FSU (losing to WSSU but winning the CIAA championship) might still have a chance for getting in the playoffs, but I'm thinking they would need to rely on the EA rule. This is also a bragging rights game, so I can't see FSU not playing their starters.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X