Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIAA to SR1 in 2025

In case you didn't see the regional realignment thread in the General Discussion section, our conference will be returning to Super Region 1 in 2025. The new SR1 will be CIAA, PSAC, NE10 and MEC. GMAC will move to SR3. The Conference Carolinas will be in SR2.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...2CC_Report.pdf

Thoughts? Definitely an easier region come playoff time.

Welcome back, guys!

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
      In case you didn't see the regional realignment thread in the General Discussion section, our conference will be returning to Super Region 1 in 2025. The new SR1 will be CIAA, PSAC, NE10 and MEC. GMAC will move to SR3. The Conference Carolinas will be in SR2.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...2CC_Report.pdf

Thoughts? Definitely an easier region come playoff time.
      Easier compared to SR2, yes. That doesn't mean that it'll be a cakewalk for anyone outside of the PSAC, to be honest.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Easier compared to SR2, yes. That doesn't mean that it'll be a cakewalk for anyone outside of the PSAC, to be honest.
        True. But I must admit I wonder how that 2021 Bowie State team would've faired in SR1. They made it to the SR2 final and ended up being ranked #6 in the final polls. Not saying they would've definitely won SR1, but I think it would be fair to say that 2021 Bowie would've likely had been more competitive against the PSAC playoff teams than they did against Valdosta in real life (41-17, I remember it well lol)

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

True. But I must admit I wonder how that 2021 Bowie State team would've faired in SR1. They made it to the SR2 final and ended up being ranked #6 in the final polls. Not saying they would've definitely won SR1, but I think it would be fair to say that 2021 Bowie would've likely had been more competitive against the PSAC playoff teams than they did against Valdosta in real life (41-17, I remember it well lol)
          Agree 100%. I think those Bowie teams from 2017 - 2021 would have had some good playoff runs in SR1, and I feel at least one of those years they would have won the region.

Comment

We're back, but this probably opens the door for more opportunities for the NCAA to swap teams in the playoffs. I have a feeling anytime a North Carolina CIAA school makes the playoffs in spot 1-4 then you will likely see a SR2 team get put into SR1 for travel purposes, or when a North Carolina CIAA school finishes 5-7 you will likely see that school end up in the SR2 bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
              We're back, but this probably opens the door for more opportunities for the NCAA to swap teams in the playoffs. I have a feeling anytime a North Carolina CIAA school makes the playoffs in spot 1-4 then you will likely see a SR2 team get put into SR1 for travel purposes, or when a North Carolina CIAA school finishes 5-7 you will likely see that school end up in the SR2 bracket.
              I think you are exactly right.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X