Comment

Well done VSU, as expected. Go GSC!
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Blazers win 38-3.

Comment

Comment

Good first win for the 2019 Blazers and coaching staff!! Congrats on getting win #1

Now it's time to get to work. No time sit back and rest. Home opener next week. Keep it going.........

#BlazerNation

Comment

VSU write up and stats.

https://vstateblazers.com/news/2019/...any-state.aspx

#BlazerNation

Comment

Very impressed with the Blazer fan turnout! Visitors side looked nearly full with red&black.

Would love to to see everyone come out for the Ohio Dominican game in Bazemore-Hyder next week, as the National Champs return home...

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                    The write up gave me a clear sense of how things played out thank you.

I know it's just the first game but have we become more of a possession type offense?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

The write up gave me a clear sense of how things played out thank you.

I know it's just the first game but have we become more of a possession type offense?
                      Possibly. Our running backs did look pretty good and it is a great way to wear out the defense in this south Ga. heat. Gotta hand it to the OL with some new players there did a pretty decent job I think they will only get better.
                      My big question was the kicking game. Saw a huge turnaround from the spring game. Evidently they have been practicing....a lot! :)

#BlazerNation

Comment

We'll learn a lot about the Blazers in the coming two weeks.

That said, for a first game with new HC and for the most part staff I thought it was a great win.

I was pretty excited about the way we came out in the first half. First game mistakes seemed to take hold in the third quarter, which was a little odd. Fourth quarter was back on track.

As they say, the greatest improvement typically comes between the first game and the second. If that's the case we might have a chance to be a pretty good football team.

Comment

I think Albany ST. is a lot better than they showed out . The team we beat last year although finished fist in their conference _ this team was better .
                          Blazers and Goff did impress. And he is a very savvy coach.
                          I liked how he took out Wells and substituted other players.

Also, when coached at Tiffin, he played Old Dominion many timed, a big plus for us..
                          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                            I think Albany ST. is a lot better than they showed out . The team we beat last year although finished fist in their conference _ this team was better .
                            Blazers and Goff did impress. And he is a very savvy coach.
                            I liked how he took out Wells and substituted other players.

Also, when coached at Tiffin, he played Old Dominion many timed, a big plus for us..
                            I loved that as well, you never know when something will happen and a backup's number is called in a close game. You can't replace experience.
                            Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Old Dominion is an FBS school in Virginia. They play in Conference-USA.

Ohio Dominican is VSU's next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Old Dominion is an FBS school in Virginia. They play in Conference-USA.

Ohio Dominican is VSU's next opponent.

That's what happens when you're dyslexic and take the short bus. Thanks for the clairification.
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X