Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not quite ready to accept that VSU is a super team...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not quite ready to accept that VSU is a super team...

As a UM fan I constantly tell other UM fans that being "back" isn't a matter of upsetting a top ten team or winning the coastal. It's not even conceivably winning a NC at some point. When the Canes are back I would have a sense in my gut that we can't be beat, any loss would be surprising. Sorta how I currently feel about our Blazers
    Last edited by boyblue; 09-28-2019, 03:23 AM.

I'm missing two paragraphs! What happened, my post was somehow cut short? Probably the obnoxious filter got me.

Comment

I'd added that I'm not quite ready to drink the koolaid. The Blazers look good and the change at the healm has not caused a setback.

Hey, 18 consecutive wins is uncharted territory for us so although I am now probably overly confident with any matchup, I just don't want to get like the wolves fans that year they won the NC.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
        I'd added that I'm not quite ready to drink the koolaid. The Blazers look good and the change at the healm has not caused a setback.

Hey, 18 consecutive wins is uncharted territory for us so although I am now probably overly confident with any matchup, I just don't want to get like the wolves fans that year they won the NC.

What year was that? I forget.

Comment

As a UM fan
          You are dead to me.

(^_^)

Comment

They've never been to the National Championship, let alone won it.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

This is kind of related, but this is first time in long while, that the GSC has only ONE team in the top 25.
              <>

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post

You are dead to me.

(^_^)
                LOL

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                  This is kind of related, but this is first time in long while, that the GSC has only ONE team in the top 25.
                  If only Delta didn't blow the lead in the 4th against GVSU...Maybe we'd be somewhere in it.
                  RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                  Delta State University, GSC

Comment

As a UM fan I constantly tell other UM fans that being "back" isn't a matter of upsetting a top ten team or winning the coastal. It's not even conceivably winning a NC at some point. When the Canes are back I would have a sense in my gut that we can't be beat, any loss would be surprising. Sorta how I currently feel about our Blazers
                    As Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast!".

West Al was a very good team last week. Unbeatable teams dominate their opponents. We didn't dominate UWA.

I feel like UWA turnovers and a very timely stand on 4th down were the difference in this game.

Without those turnovers that game's very much in question.

We're a very good football team, but we aren't unbeatable. Honestly, no one is (on any given Saturday).
                    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 09-29-2019, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

As Lee Corso would say, "Not so fast!".

We're a very good football team, but we aren't unbeatable. Honestly, no one is (on any given Saturday).
                      Very well said. When I first joined D2, it was when we were getting ready to play Pitt in NC game. NO BODY gave a snowballs chance in hell to win.
                      And, in way,, rightly so. They had just broken the single season recored for scoring. Some 860 + points .

But, this up and coming team , ending up beating the unbeatable team from Pitt 36 -31. So yeah, anybody can beat anybody any given Saturday.
                      Last edited by Wide_Right; 09-28-2019, 03:35 PM.
                      <>

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

They've never been to the National Championship, let alone won it.
                        Not in D2. If memory serves, seems they were a D3 powerhouse at some point in the last century

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                          I think UWA is 24 in some poll

Comment

Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X