Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not quite ready to accept that VSU is a super team...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

If only Delta didn't blow the lead in the 4th against GVSU...Maybe we'd be somewhere in it.
    BIG FACTS right here friends!

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Not in D2. If memory serves, seems they were a D3 powerhouse at some point in the last century
      UWG, then WGC, played two seasons in D-III. Those were 1981 and 1982. They had an undefeated regular season in 1981 and lost in the first round of the playoffs. They were undefeated and national champions in 1982. They joined the Gulf South in 1983.

Their first D-II playoff appearance was a first round loss to Carson-Newman in 1995. That was repeated in 1996 and 1998. in 200, they had a first round loss to Catawba.

Their first D-II playoff win was in 2014. They beat Tuskegee, DSU, and VSU prior to losing to Colorado State-Pueblo.

In 2015, they beat VSU and Tuskegee prior to losing to NWMSU.

They made the playoffs in 2017 beating Virginia State and then losing to UWF.

In 2018, they lost in the first round to Wingate.

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post

You are dead to me.

(^_^)
        LOL, Hey Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
          [/B]

What year was that? I forget.
          Sarcasm is sometimes difficult to read but I think you got me Larold.

This of course is not a factual post but an homage to the days when our forum was littered with Wolves fans that had the same sort of outlook I now have - expectations of years of dominance.

It's important to note that this thread was started before this weekend's games and was meant as good-natured ribbing. With the result in the Florida Tech game, I wouldn't want forum friends to feel like I'm pouring salt on their wounds.

Comment

VSU is a good team with a GREAT quarterback. Last year they had a great team with a great QB. I think he should do like the UWF kid and try his luck at a FBS school :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
              VSU is a good team with a GREAT quarterback. Last year they had a great team with a great QB. I think he should do like the UWF kid and try his luck at a FBS school :wink:
              I'm not sure that UCONN is a much higher profile job but I'd encourage Rogan to do whatever he feels is in his best interest.

Comment

VSU is a good team with a GREAT quarterback.
                Which quarterback? (couldn't get my smiley faces to work but we have a couple that are both pretty effective in their own way (sorta reminds me of UWA back in the Caldwell/Johnston days of the Will Hall era).

Comment

The one that will win the Harlon Hill

Comment

The one that will win the Harlon Hill
                    Don't know who will and who won't, but I thought he should have won it last year (and felt like that opinion was kinda validated in the NC game when he accounted for 6 TD's (I think Campbell accounted for 2)).

Interestingly, Wells completed 57.42% of his passes last year. Year prior he split time with Robles and completed 55.76.

This year he's completed 78.13% (which I imagine will settle a little as we get deeper into our season).

Neatest thing about Wells is that he's a great guy as well. Very humble.

It's a little counter to what folks might think, but VSU only threw the ball 45% last year and has dropped down to 43% under this Air Raid disciple named Goff. Go figure.
                    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 09-29-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Don't know who will and who won't, but I thought he should have won it last year (and felt like that opinion was kinda validated in the NC game when he accounted for 6 TD's (I think Campbell accounted for 2)).

Interestingly, Wells completed 57.42% of his passes last year. Year prior he split time with Robles and completed 55.76.

This year he's completed 78.13% (which I imagine will settle a little as we get deeper into our season).

Neatest thing about Wells is that he's a great guy as well. Very humble.

It's a little counter to what folks might think, but VSU only threw the ball 45% last year and has dropped down to 43% under this Air Raid disciple named Goff. Go figure.
                      Most think the Air Raid is all about passing, but not necessarily so. It is all about decision-making. Much is put on the QB to make a play or even change a play, which includes running. Not all QB have the maturity to run the system. When not only the OL, but receivers are down field blocking, then somebody is going to get open.......zoom zoom.

Jamar 's long touchdown run was because Kenny Benjamin threw a good block, and JT was gone.
                      Last edited by BlazerLady; 09-29-2019, 06:00 PM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Most think the Air Raid is all about passing, but not necessarily so. It is all about decision-making. Much is put on the QB to make a play or even change a play, which includes running. Not all QB have the maturity to run the system. When not only the OL, but receivers are down field blocking, then somebody is going to get open.......zoom zoom.

Jamar 's long touchdown run was because Kenny Benjamin threw a good block, and JT was gone.
                        Is the Air Raid more about passing to run rather than running to pass?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Passing to pass. LOL......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

LOL.....It is more about the quarterback and what the defense is giving him. Yeah, you have an overall game plan, but a QB has to learn when to change a play. Watch Rogan. Sometimes he'll do 3 checkoffs before he throws or he may see something coming up to the line and change a play. Sometimes he won't and gets in trouble.....lol....but that is all in it.
                            It is also getting the receivers to block for the guy running the ball, which we have been doing in recent weeks. Shorter was sitting back daring us to pass, so we ran.
                            Fortunately for the offense, the Air Raid is similar to what we did last year. There are variations out there.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Got It! Although I can't tell the difference between Bell & Goff's schemes I understand the difficulty in picking up the different terminology so Hats off to Rogan for being prepared and executing at such a high level.

Comment

In this offense Wells won't win the Harlon Hill his numbers are tremendously off from last year. We was a quick attacking offense last year and this year we just nickel & dime down the field and run the clock

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X