Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why D2 football is better than D1 football.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why D2 football is better than D1 football.

One thing I love about D2 football - plenty of talent on the field who are playing hard not for a big paycheck or a pro career, but for the love of the game!

These guys take time away from their collegiate lives of studying and having fun to work out, practice and play in 100 degree heat, and give up every weekend in the fall because they love to play the game for their teammates, school, and fans.

Comment

To me the difference between D1 and D2 is that the driving factor in D1 FBS is money, The NCAA sold it's soul for the almighty buck.

In D2 it's all about competition (which is what the game was created to be about).

Also, when we crown a champion it's not about some folks opinion in the moment. Our champions have been through a gauntlet and survived.

D2 is, for the most part, still pure.

Comment

That was a great list. Better seats. Playoffs! Real students. I agree with all of it.
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Usually don't have to pay for parking.
          <>

Comment

I love D2 better as well. Real champions with a real playoff format not that political top 4 team crap in D1

Comment

I like D2 better as well. More affordable, better playoff structure... lots to love.

I've always thought it's the best from a pure football standpoint - D2 requires talent to play, but without the big lights, crowds, and scholarships of FBS, you really have to love the game to stick with it for 4+ years. Better spread of talent, better playoff format...

I also like that a few guys get a chance at the next level, unlike basketball. I have a small list of guys that I've seen play in D2 that are now on Sunday teams. It's kinda special too - and some of them can be quite successful. I think they just develop a better work ethic.

Comment

Woody Paige had an article about the Colorado School Of Mines when general admission was 8 bucks. He said that was the best 8 bucks he ever spent.

Comment

All of that happens in FCS (Football Championship Subdivision), too, and I like the way they select their playoff field better.

This is my first season to not attend a UWF game at Blue Wahoos Stadium. I've been keeping up with a few games online or on local TV, however. I enjoy the experience there but watching from the press box was less than ideal since it's in the corner of the endzone. Although, seeing that sunset across the visitor's bleachers over the Pensacola Bay has to be one of the best views in college football.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                    All of that happens in FCS (Football Championship Subdivision), too, and I like the way they select their playoff field better.

This is my first season to not attend a UWF game at Blue Wahoos Stadium. I've been keeping up with a few games online or on local TV, however. I enjoy the experience there but watching from the press box was less than ideal since it's in the corner of the endzone. Although, seeing that sunset across the visitor's bleachers over the Pensacola Bay has to be one of the best views in college football.
                    Hi, Andy! Jay is working hard to fill your shoes!

Comment

Originally posted by crashandannie View Post

Hi, Andy! Jay is working hard to fill your shoes!
                      He's doing a great job!! I'm excited to see how the playoffs unfold.
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

D2 Football is about as pure as it gets and I love it.

Comment

My first game at LRU, I sat down front on the 40 yard line. When a sweep came our way, you could feel the ground shaking as the players pounded the earth thundering right in front of us. This type of closeness is typical for D2 fans. A few weeks ago, I attended Carson Newman vs. Limestone. Things took a crazy turn in the second half and coach Mike Turner gathered his offensive linemen on the bench right in front of us and gave a pep talk. I could hear all of it. Again, this type of closeness is typical at a D2 game and you just won't ever get this at a D1 game unless you have some sort of special access.

D2 teams still run some crazy schemes too. I think there is perhaps more creativity in D2 offenses. I could be wrong about that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit-Carson View Post
                            My first game at LRU, I sat down front on the 40 yard line. When a sweep came our way, you could feel the ground shaking as the players pounded the earth thundering right in front of us. This type of closeness is typical for D2 fans. A few weeks ago, I attended Carson Newman vs. Limestone. Things took a crazy turn in the second half and coach Mike Turner gathered his offensive linemen on the bench right in front of us and gave a pep talk. I could hear all of it. Again, this type of closeness is typical at a D2 game and you just won't ever get this at a D1 game unless you have some sort of special access.

D2 teams still run some crazy schemes too. I think there is perhaps more creativity in D2 offenses. I could be wrong about that though.
                            Not crazy at all, these new fangled offences started in highschool and were improved at the D2 level before they've been perfected at the D1 and pro levels.

Comment

The close proximity between fans and teams also causes players to interact more with fans during game too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X