Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Mike Beaudry!

Unfortunately for Argo fans, Mike Beaudry, (the first signee of the football program and the QB that led us to the National Championship game) has taken his last snap at The University of West Florida. As I thought and many others on this board have said "How did you get that D1 QB at UWF?" I wish him well and hope he can stay healthy and have a great career. I have an idea of where he could be headed but I'll save that for another knight.

UWF quarterback Mike Beaudry announces he will transfer
    Last edited by Uwfalum98; 11-29-2018, 01:23 PM.

Re: Thank You Mike Beaudry!

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
    Unfortunately for Argo fans, Mike Beaudry, (the first signee of the football program and the QB that led us to the National Championship game) has taken his last snap at The University of West Florida. As I thought and many others on this board have said "How did you get that D1 QB at UWF?" I wish him well and hope he can stay healthy and have a great career. I have an idea of where he is headed but I'll save that for another knight.

https://www.pnj.com/story/sports/col...er/2142612002/

Another knight....I see what you did there.. :wink:

That or i misread that entirely hahahaha

Comment

That's a heck of a first signee!
      Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Isn't the D1 clock going to get him after 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
          Good question, I've done a little looking into grad transfer rules but haven't found much. He should get a medical red-shirt for 2018 but I don't know if that would extend his D1 eligibility. Maybe he's staying D2, who knows, was just assuming that if he left UWF it would be for a D1 offer.

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
            That's a heck of a first signee!
            Yes he was. Somehow a 6'5" 223lbs QB from south Florida didn't garner much interest. He wasn't even projected to be the starter as the Argos signed Grey Jackson (the Alabama 7A back of the year) ,who turned down D1 offers to come to UWF, in the same class.

Comment

Not sure but this is from the PNJ:

Beaudry already has his degree from UWF and, depending on an NCAA ruling regarding a possible medical redshirt season for 2018, could have up to three seasons of eligibility remaining. He said he plans to continue his playing career at his next collegiate destination.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                Yes he was. Somehow a 6'5" 223lbs QB from south Florida didn't garner much interest. He wasn't even projected to be the starter as the Argos signed Grey Jackson (the Alabama 7A back of the year) ,who turned down D1 offers to come to UWF, in the same class.
                I hope he can remain healthy. He's missed two seasons due to injury.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                  Not sure but this is from the PNJ:

Beaudry already has his degree from UWF and, depending on an NCAA ruling regarding a possible medical redshirt season for 2018, could have up to three seasons of eligibility remaining. He said he plans to continue his playing career at his next collegiate destination.

Assuming he graduated from HS in 2014 - redshirted '15, hurt/sat out '16, played '17, hurt '18. The 5-year clock ends after 2019. Even if he gets a bonus year it seems he would only have two left at most.

I love seeing guys graduate D-II then give D1 a shot. You only live once. One of our DLs transferred to UGA after graduating then taking a red-shirt transfer year. He was a regular in the DL rotation too.

Comment

Assuming he graduated from HS in 2014 - redshirted '15, hurt/sat out '16, played '17, hurt '18. The 5-year clock ends after 2019. Even if he gets a bonus year it seems he would only have two left at most.

I love seeing guys graduate D-II then give D1 a shot. You only live once. One of our DLs transferred to UGA after graduating then taking a red-shirt transfer year. He was a regular in the DL rotation too.
                    Just looked at Mike Beaudry's twitter page and it says "Eligibility: 2 D1 years - 3 D2 seasons."

Comment

Come on up to UWG, Mike.

I mean, you're already 2-0 in our stadium....

Comment

Comment

Beaudry's exit surprised UWF coaches, and ratchets up pressure to sign QB Bill Vilona, Pensacola News Journal

According to the article Beaudry simply wants to fulfill his dream of being a D1 Quarterback. Hard to argue with that, I wish him well and hope he lands at a good school.

https://www.pnj.com/story/sports/201...es/2148265002/

Comment

I don't see how he has two years in D1. Doesn't the clock start ticking as soon as a student is on campus.

2014-2015
                            2015-2016
                            2016-2017
                            2017-2018
                            2018-

That would be the five year D1 window.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes...transfer-terms

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              I don't see how he has two years in D1. Doesn't the clock start ticking as soon as a student is on campus.

2014-2015
                              2015-2016
                              2016-2017
                              2017-2018
                              2018-

That would be the five year D1 window.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes...transfer-terms
                              He will have one summer to learn a D1 offense and try to start that one year. If he's thinking UCF McKenzie Milton is a Junior so that's not ideal.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X