Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerwin Bell

Now the dreaded off-season when great D-2 coaches get plucked away from their schools. I am seeing some smoke from USF as Charlie Strong may be eyeing Kerwin Bell as his OC. I have also seen a rumbling about Houston looking at him as head coach. I hope and think there is little substance to either rumor but the more dominos that fall, the more open landing spots there are for a coach Like KB. I think we may need to throw a little raise at him to try to keep him happy but it is hard to compete with Division 1 money. If I were the AD, i would be looking for my next coach just in case and maybe an entire coaching staff unfortunately.

Re: Kerwin Bell

Originally posted by deanmachine View Post
    Now the dreaded off-season when great D-2 coaches get plucked away from their schools. I am seeing some smoke from USF as Charlie Strong may be eyeing Kerwin Bell as his OC. I have also seen a rumbling about Houston looking at him as head coach. I hope and think there is little substance to either rumor but the more dominos that fall, the more open landing spots there are for a coach Like KB. I think we may need to throw a little raise at him to try to keep him happy but it is hard to compete with Division 1 money. If I were the AD, i would be looking for my next coach just in case and maybe an entire coaching staff unfortunately.
    The price of winning a NC and the nature of football these days.

What players need to understand is that they play for a school and the tradition a team has had through many different coaches. Our early teams in the 80's and 90's laid the foundation for what we have today. We expect our players to continue the tradition. A coach's name is not on the front of your jersey.

Until something is official, though, all we have are rumors.
    Last edited by BlazerLady; 12-31-2018, 10:28 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

What players need to understand is that they play for a school and the tradition a team has had through many different coaches. Our early teams in the 80's and 90's laid the foundation for what we have today. We expect our players to continue the tradition. A coach's name is not on the front of your jersey.

Well said:good:

Comment

If he leaves VSU OL coach needs to be the next head coach. Then, hire the coach's son as the OC.

Comment

Originally posted by deanmachine View Post
          Houston sounds like a great fit, for Kerwin :smile-big:

Comment

It's my perception that this mindset is the minority thought process of today's student-athletes.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Comment

This reporter was lobbying hard for Coach Bell to be interviewed by McNeese earlier this month.

A vote for McNeese to ring the bell with Kerwin Bell (Lake Charles American Press)

Doesn't surprise me about the USF OC rumor. He interviewed with Muschamp for the Gators OC job in 2011.

(Florida Times-Union)
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

he has worked a little bit with Charlie Strong before and USF has an open O-line coaching spot as well. We could lose him and Darveau if he went that route. I would be okay with darveau as head coach and Younger KB as offensive coordinator.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
                    If he leaves VSU OL coach needs to be the next head coach. Then, hire the coach's son as the OC.
                    If he went to USF I bet he'd take VSU's o-line coach with him (the USF o-line coach left with the OC). Darveau is also the recruiting co-ordinator for VSU (and does a heckova job at it).

One things for sure - Kerwin Bell can recruit Florida. Every recruits parents and grandparents know his name (I believe we have 9 kids on our roster with roots in Miami, including our top two RB's).

Charlie Strong could do a lot worse.
                    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-31-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

With all due respect, and there is NO doubt I am a BIG BL fan, players play for coaches at the school where that coach of influence is currently employed.
                      There are exceptions of course, but one must wonder if Wells would have been QB if not for the Bell/Jacksonville connection.

Comment

Just curious as to how many midyear transfers he signed this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                          There are exceptions of course, but one must wonder if Wells would have been QB if not for the Bell/Jacksonville connection.
                          We had a coach with strong S Carolina connections prior to Dean leaving and Bell arriving.
                          Wells was being actively recruited before Bell showed up.
                          I believe Wells would have been here regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                            We had a coach with strong S Carolina connections prior to Dean leaving and Bell arriving.
                            Wells was being actively recruited before Bell showed up.
                            I believe Wells would have been here regardless.
                            Thanks!

Comment

It appears another former Blazer coach headed to Houston not Bell. Holgorson leaving West Virginia

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X