Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Gary Goff

Well how about that BlazerNation? A new head coach with a Hal Mumme, Mike Leach and Dana Holgorson pedigree.(all coaching when Goff was a player). Buckle up boys and girls!!

https://vstateblazers.com/news/2019/...-at-11-am.aspx

Last edited by BlazerLady; 01-25-2019, 02:22 PM.

#BlazerNation

Re: Coach Gary Goff

A nice write up from Tiffin.

http://gotiffindragons.com/sports/fb...form=hootsuite

#BlazerNation

Comment

Well, it seems Goff has on offensive mind, from his previous positions. This is good, because he is inheriting a high-octane offense, pre-paid and ready to go. A new coaches dream.
      Will he bring some of his staff that he was so successful with at Tiffin the last 3 years, especially last year, making to national 15th spot.- with him?

I'm thinking if he can do that at Tiffin, just might think, he could be a really good fit.

NOW, we have lost our head defensive OC. and other defensive asst. coaches. That is another thing Herb is going to have to negotiate thru,
      and fairly quickly. I am still wondering why it took over a month to get him here? Contract issues?

Finally, since Bell has some pretty good memories here, wondering if may send some players that quite don't fit in at D1 level.M

I think we will be fine next season, and expect West Georgia , West Alabama and West Florida got some great transfers,
      esp. they're new QB.

And P.S. He did come from the "Dragons" so he is use to FIRE!!!!!

Last edited by Fire_Starter; 01-25-2019, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Starter View Post
        Well, it seems Goff has on offensive mind, from his previous positions. This is good, because he is inheriting a high-octane offense, pre-paid and ready to go. A new coaches dream.
        Will he bring some of his staff that he was so successful with at Tiffin the last 3 years, especially last year, making to national 15th spot.- with him?

I'm thinking if he can do that at Tiffin, just might think, he could be a really good fit.

NOW, we have lost our head defensive OC. and other defensive asst. coaches. That is another thing Herb is going to have to negotiate thru,
        and fairly quickly. I am still wondering why it took over a month to get him here? Contract issues?

Finally, since Bell has some pretty good memories here, wondering if may send some players that quite don't fit in at D1 level.M

I think we will be fine next season, and expect West Georgia , West Alabama and West Florida got some great transfers,
        esp. they're new QB.

And P.S. He did come from the "Dragons" so he is use to FIRE!!!!!

Fire_Starter.......I thought I remembered that screen name.....welcome back! :victory:

#BlazerNation

Comment

I expect we'll see an offensive style that looks like a blend of Washington State (Leach) and Oklahoma.

If that's the case the players will love it. So will the fans.

Someone in here recently mentioned the book The Perfect Pass by S.C. Gwynne. If you want to understand the development of the Hal Mumme/Mike Leach/Chris Hatcher offense and history it's a great book on Mumme's (with help from Leach) development of the "Air Raid" offense and how it came into being. The roots go back a ways, but much of it was developed here at Valdosta State in the early 90's with Mumme as HC, Leach as the OC and Hatcher playing QB.

Goff played on Mumme's teams in that era (and was a very good slot receiver).

The book is a very good read.
          Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 01-26-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Press Conference is Tuesday, 11am at the Complex!

https://vstateblazers.com/news/2019/...-at-11-am.aspx

Plans are for the conference to be streamed live.

#BlazerNation

Comment

I can't wait to watch press conference. I hear Terry Bowden was on campus.
              <>

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                Fire_Starter.......I thought I remembered that screen name.....welcome back! :victory:

Thank You B.L.

I have been gone awhile. I have been in D2 Rehab. (Off Topic Forum was traumatic!) :smile-big:

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                  I hear Terry Bowden was on campus.
                  Hope he just stopped on the Interstate to get gas and eat at the Smoke N Pig

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_Starter View Post
                    Thank You B.L.

I have been gone awhile. I have been in D2 Rehab. (Off Topic Forum was traumatic!) :smile-big:
                    Ditto. I don't go there any more!
                    Last edited by BlazerLady; 01-27-2019, 09:33 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                      Hope he just stopped on the Interstate to get gas and eat at the Smoke N Pig
                      Heard there was a solar eclipse while he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                        Heard there was a solar eclipse while he was there.
                        Heard from Jim Cantore that it was just Tater Tot passing by.
                        Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 01-27-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

A lot of Tiffins success came after joining the GMAC, but they were winning some games in the GLIAC before the switch too. Up and coming young coach wish him the best.

Comment

News conference......welcome to VSU, Coach Goff!

https://www.facebook.com/myvaldostat...3213645977620/

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                              News conference......welcome to VSU, Coach Goff!

https://www.facebook.com/myvaldostat...3213645977620/
                              Just watched it.
                              OMG . . Herb has a sense of humor? "I always seem to follow tall people!" Adjusting the mic 6" above his head.

Goff was speaking to the administration, but you can tell he still has the 'deer in the headlights'look.

He is going to continue the tradition, I have no doubt.
                              <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X