Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomas Incoom transferred to Central Michigan. He was a 1st gsc all conference. It is a big loss for defense line.

Comment

Rogan Wells is already listed on the Tusculum roster and they did a nice tribute to his prior accomplishments at VSU. Guessing having him will make the Pioneers a much more attractive destination this off season.

Comment

I hate to say the obvious, but I think Rogan Wells knew the days of beating West Florida were over. I think it's a smart move by him to go somewhere that he can compete for a conference championship in the upcoming season. Durham looks like a solid running back, teams without top-notch D2 talent will have a hard time stopping the Valdosta offense.
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
          Allison Posey tweeted out Rogan Wells has transferred to Tusculum.
          Yeah. He was on track to break a lot of records here if he had played 1 more year. That's too bad.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Yeah. He was on track to break a lot of records here if he had played 1 more year. That's too bad.

Why did he transfer? Eligibility? Personal/family?
            <>

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
              I hate to say the obvious, but I think Rogan Wells knew the days of beating West Florida were over.
              Are you in the 8th grade? Lol. This is just trolling.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Yeah, and UWF guy brags on being 'runner-up." Lol.
                <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Why did he transfer? Eligibility? Personal/family?
                  His brother is on the coaching staff there and Kade Bell is the OC. They are also playing a spring schedule.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Plus, VSU has more national championships than UWF has wins over VSU.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

I think Rogan is a great QB with a very high football IQ. I think he made a smart decision. We can disagree, but I happen to be thinking along the same lines as Rogan on his choice. That doesn't make me wrong, it just puts me on the same side as someone with a high football IQ.
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                        Yeah, and UWF guy brags on being 'runner-up." Lol.
                        Very proud of the program for reaching the title game in their 2nd season of football. I think it's one of the most amazing accomplishments we've seen at the NCAA level. I am someone that believes in celebrating great achievements as well as always evaluating where to get better. Why in the world would I not honor the 2017 team for what they did?!?
                        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Plus, VSU has more national championships than UWF has wins over VSU.
                          An irrelevant comment by an irrational observer. UWF is a new program. Valdosta started football in 1982. It took them until 2004 to win a National Championship. VSU has an absolutely terrific football program. It did take them around 22 years to win their first one though and 38 years to win their 4 titles. 38 years! West Florida is shattering that pace. If UWF wins it this coming year they will be halfway there after only 6 seasons. West Florida has been to the National Championship game 40% of the seasons they have played football. West Florida will have more National Championships than VSU at the end of the decade and VSU had a 34-year head start. Your statement is true though, VSU has had a football program much longer than UWF.
                          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

From boyblue on Novemeber 4, 2019:

"I want to be straight with you guys because I know how disappointing it is to lose when you expect to win. The former heralds would come here, prognosticate and then when reality hit they would disappear. I don't want this for you guys, I enjoy the banter and hope that you all stick around.

You see, at some point over the past few years, UWG & FIT fans have herald the arrival of the new kings of the GSC. The demise of the biggest of the "Big Three" has been predicted for a while now, and you are all right, the Blazers will eventually be dethroned but you have to be patient. As we say here "you gatta sit small till ya name call" Your time will come, but right now it's still our crown, the Blazers are just getting started. In a few years you will all get to say we played those guys tough back in 2019. That will be your claim to fame :)"

It's been over a year now and man what an honor it was to play those guys "tough" back in 2019 and that be our claim to fame. Boyblue and all the VSU fans will be glad to know we are still here and that we are "sticking around". They won't be so glad once they realize and accept they are nowhere near the biggest of the big in the GSC anymore.

The days of VSU ever beating West Florida again are over. It's not a rivalry it's a hierarchy.

* 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

UWF's splash is to be applauded. They got the right coach right out of the gate similar to Georgia Southern's hiring of Erk Russell in 1982. Georgia Southern has also fired coaches for not winning championships.

West Georgia won a national championship at the inception of their program and then went years without even making the playoffs again.

I'm sure that in 1996 UNA fans thought that they would be perennial champions too.
                              Last edited by Rational Observer; 02-19-2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                                UWF's splash is to be applauded. They got the right coach right out of the gate similar to Georgia Southern's hiring of Erk Russell in 1982. Georgia Southern has also fired coaches for not winning championships.

West Georgia won a national championship at the inception of their program and then went years without even making the playoffs again.

I'm sure that in 1996 UNA fans thought that they would be perennial champions too.
                                1982 West Georgia wasn't a new football program. It was a resumed program -- they had football, dropped it, then brought it back. Kind of like Georgia Southern was a resumed program. Not quite "apples-to-apples," but an impressive feat nonetheless.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X