Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get a hundred

I'm no UWF fan actually I'd admit just the opposite. But with them playing Ft Lauderdale this week, and MC putting 68 on em, I'm hoping to see history made. Has any team in D2 ever scored 100 points?

Argo's go for history, go for 100!

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
    I'm no UWF fan actually I'd admit just the opposite. But with them playing Ft Lauderdale this week, and MC putting 68 on em, I'm hoping to see history made. Has any team in D2 ever scored 100 points?

Argo's go for history, go for 100!
    Gosh, I hope not. This type of game doesn't even count. Why did they schedule this crap? I guess just to have a home game.

I say don't play any starters and let some backups get some game experience.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Comment

Found this SI article when I was looking for more information on UFTL.

Fort Lauderdale and the Birth of a Football Program

https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/2...chris-chambers

Comment

I wouldn't want to see a hundo hung on those kids.

Comment

Ft Lauderdale just cnx. So I guess no chance for hundo now lol
            Last edited by GOX1; 09-23-2021, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GOX1 View Post
              Not surprised by this given their thin roster. Argos get an extra week to get ready for GSC schedule, so this is probably a plus for them and a negative for Delta State who have Jackson State this week before hosting the Argos next week.

Comment

Them boys threw in the towel before it even started.
                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Lenoir-Rhyne played the "University of Faith" in 2015 and won 92-0. The matchup had to be declared an exhibition a few days before the game was scheduled due to Faith losing its NAIA affiliation earlier that week. I remember the players driving up from Florida in their own personal vehicles and I think they may have been wearing their own privately purchased pads. Really bad situation.

https://nypost.com/2015/11/29/the-sh...to-lose-games/

Comment

I think the coaches and administration came to their senses, and cancelled the game.
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                      Lenoir-Rhyne played the "University of Faith" in 2015 and won 92-0. The matchup had to be declared an exhibition a few days before the game was scheduled due to Faith losing its NAIA affiliation earlier that week. I remember the players driving up from Florida in their own personal vehicles and I think they may have been wearing their own privately purchased pads. Really bad situation.

https://nypost.com/2015/11/29/the-sh...to-lose-games/
                      How sad.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by GOX1 View Post

Comment

I played for the first high-school football team in the Bahamas, we were so ahead of our time that I'm talking 40+ years ago and we still don't have football to this day. We didn't have any schools to play, so we played some club teams that were made up of older kids that were out of school. We were just happy to get games. I remember one game we got beat 55-0 and I loved every minute of it.

I'd bet you dollars to donuts that those kids are disappointed they couldn't face the reigning NC.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

I played for the first high-school football team in the Bahamas, we were so ahead of our time that I'm talking 40+ years ago and we still don't have football to this day. We didn't have any schools to play, so we played some club teams that were made up of older kids that were out of school. We were just happy to get games. I remember one game we got beat 55-0 and I loved every minute of it.

I'd bet you dollars to donuts that those kids are disappointed they couldn't face the reigning NC.
                            Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Hey what's a forum for if not to reminisce

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X