Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC Out of Conference

GSC OOC

The GSC compiled an overall OOC record of 18-4 , (1-2 vs FCS) and a 14-2 record against D2 competition.

Valdosta State 3-0
    West Florida 3-0
    West Alabama 2-0
    West Georgia 2-0
    N. Greenville 3-1
    Delta State 2-1
    Shorter 2-1
    Mississippi C. 1-1

http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

I still don't get the D1 games, do schools make money on those deals? Why else would you play a game that doesn't count?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
      I still don't get the D1 games, do schools make money on those deals? Why else would you play a game that doesn't count?
      Pretty sure teams are paid something to schedule with teams they probably can't beat but need to fill out their schedule.
      somebody told me UWA paid that school from Houston in Band Aids and powder puffs.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
        I'm not a fan of playing D1 schools either I would much rather UWF play D2 competition. I'm guessing the kids on the D2 teams that do get a win over an FCS school love it but in the grand scheme of things it does nothing to help them get into the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

If the games actually counted, it'd be fun to go play a couple marginal schools, take their money and then beat them. We'd have a whole thread devoted to listing beatable D1 schools. Come to think of it...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X