Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC Media Days 2023 - FLO Sports TV Network

GSC media days will be televised tomorrow. Schedule and attendees are listed in the link along with an option to submit your questions as a fan to a coach and or player.

https://gscsports.org/news/2023/7/17...announced.aspx

Something about Coach Cooley that I have just always liked and respected. He just reminds me of an old school type coach that I would want my son to play for. I know he has had some tough years at DSU, but hopefully he can continue the winning from last year into years to come, except for beating UWA of course. We had to take 2 losses from them last year which sucks.

Comment

Just saw a tweet where FLO is expanding coverage to include volleyball and basketball.

#BlazerNation

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on instant replay coming to the GSC this season?
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
          It's going to be a lot of stoppages to correct the horrible officiating on the field.

Comment

I’m for it. 100%.

Comment

I’m curious why no preseason GSC team and top newcomers wasn’t published or done this year. I always looked forward to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

It's going to be a lot of stoppages to correct the horrible officiating on the field.
                Normally, replay is a good thing. In this case, I predict we will see many missed plays as replays are shown. It's been a struggle with many of the broadcasts just following the flow of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                  I’m curious why no preseason GSC team and top newcomers wasn’t published or done this year. I always looked forward to that.
                  Thinking same. I'm seeing much less coverage from almost every GSC school related to the upcoming season. (Season a month away.. teams report? Info?)
                  For those of us who don't use Facebook ,etc looks like we are SOOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

I disagree, but we will see. Based on the media day, each coach only gets 1 replay per game. There are no "booth" reviews.

Comment

Here's an article about the video review the GSC will use.

GSC, SkyCoach Partner to Introduce Video Review for Football
                      https://gscsports.org/news/2023/8/8/...QwfYOXK0_Lp7C8

"Per the current NCAA rule, each team will have one challenge during the game and must have a timeout to initiate a review of a call or play. If a challenge is successful, the team retains the challenge, which may be used only one more time during the game. If the challenge is unsuccessful, the team is charged a timeout and is out of replay challenges for the rest of the game. A team timeout will not be charged if the challenge is successful and the ruling on the field is overturned. Teams will not receive new or additional challenges for overtime period."

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Normally, replay is a good thing. In this case, I predict we will see many missed plays as replays are shown. It's been a struggle with many of the broadcasts just following the flow of the game.
                        I stand corrected(or maybe more informed) I envisioned "replays" as they were several seasons ago. I remember UWG and UWA specifically rewinding and replaying events and many times
                        when they returned to live action, a play or two would have been missed.

New replay format as I understand it seems very limited, but if they catch one horrific call each game it will be better than what we swore about previously.

Comment

I think this will greatly help to facilitate a much fairer game. We all know how bad the officiating can be.
                          Wonder what the protocalls will to warrant a 2nd look from ref’s?

Will coaches have an opportunity to make a challenge..??
                          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

I think this will greatly help to facilitate a much fairer game. We all know how bad the officiating can be.
                            Wonder what the protocalls will to warrant a 2nd look from ref’s?

Will coaches have an opportunity to make a challenge..??
                            Here's an article about the video review the GSC will use.

GSC, SkyCoach Partner to Introduce Video Review for Football
                            https://gscsports.org/news/2023/8/8/...QwfYOXK0_Lp7C8

"Per the current NCAA rule, each team will have one challenge during the game and must have a timeout to initiate a review of a call or play. If a challenge is successful, the team retains the challenge, which may be used only one more time during the game. If the challenge is unsuccessful, the team is charged a timeout and is out of replay challenges for the rest of the game. A team timeout will not be charged if the challenge is successful and the ruling on the field is overturned. Teams will not receive new or additional challenges for overtime period."

Comment

"RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                              Delta State University, GSC”

You guys are going to rock this year
                              <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X