Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCA Coaches Poll Preseason

Preseason AFCA Coaches Poll. 2 GSC Teams in top 10. Hoping for a great year. https://www.afca.com/polls/ Anyone have any thoughts?

I think West Florida's ranking is based on previous seasons success. I'm very much hoping I'm wrong. If I've learned anything year to year about the GSC is you never really know how it will shake out and it will always be exciting. Delta State seems to me like the clear favorite but we will see! Ready for it to start!!
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
      I think West Florida's ranking is based on previous seasons success. I'm very much hoping I'm wrong. If I've learned anything year to year about the GSC is you never really know how it will shake out and it will always be exciting. Delta State seems to me like the clear favorite but we will see! Ready for it to start!!
      Not to sound argumentative. But curious as to what’s causing you to think that UWF is going to have a down year?
      have you taken a look at the additions and improvements all over the team?

Guys that should have been apart of this team, that transferred out were a really good CB, DT and Center to D1 schools.
      lost a back up DT and back up LB to D1 schools.
      a very successful RB to academic issues.

so I get why you could think a down year… but if you take a look at what this new staff has put together is phenomenal…
      take a look at some of the articles written by onncannongreen.com

Pee Wee Jarret one of the top D2 QBs in the country returns, 3 out of 5 starters on a very good OL return. First team all conference WR in Caden Legget returns.
      and Then they just happen to add one of the top WRs in the country this past season in John Jiles from Virginia Union. kJ Franklin the all time Receptions leader in Nichols State (FCS) history.
      backfield? Additions of 2 former division 1 starting RBs… one being a multiple time national champion…
      a center who started for an FCS program.
      a 6’8 guard transfer from middle Tennese who was at one point an SEC commit.

just to name a few on Offense…

on Defense a completely revamped Defensive line and secondary. With key additions from high production D2 transfers with All conference accolades DL Jacob Dorn Saginaw Valley. DL John McMullen Northern Michigan, DB Virgil Lemmons of UNC Pembroke.
      some key Junior college contributors were also added on this side of the ball.
      these new additions to pair up with one of the best linebacking cores in the GSC that returns 3 starters including 2 all conference selections.

I may be bias but this team does not look like it’s going to rebuild…
      it just reloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouth of the South View Post

Not to sound argumentative. But curious as to what’s causing you to think that UWF is going to have a down year?
        have you taken a look at the additions and improvements all over the team?

Guys that should have been apart of this team, that transferred out were a really good CB, DT and Center to D1 schools.
        lost a back up DT and back up LB to D1 schools.
        a very successful RB to academic issues.

so I get why you could think a down year… but if you take a look at what this new staff has put together is phenomenal…
        take a look at some of the articles written by onncannongreen.com

Pee Wee Jarret one of the top D2 QBs in the country returns, 3 out of 5 starters on a very good OL return. First team all conference WR in Caden Legget returns.
        and Then they just happen to add one of the top WRs in the country this past season in John Jiles from Virginia Union. kJ Franklin the all time Receptions leader in Nichols State (FCS) history.
        backfield? Additions of 2 former division 1 starting RBs… one being a multiple time national champion…
        a center who started for an FCS program.
        a 6’8 guard transfer from middle Tennese who was at one point an SEC commit.

just to name a few on Offense…

on Defense a completely revamped Defensive line and secondary. With key additions from high production D2 transfers with All conference accolades DL Jacob Dorn Saginaw Valley. DL John McMullen Northern Michigan, DB Virgil Lemmons of UNC Pembroke.
        some key Junior college contributors were also added on this side of the ball.
        these new additions to pair up with one of the best linebacking cores in the GSC that returns 3 starters including 2 all conference selections.

I may be bias but this team does not look like it’s going to rebuild…
        it just reloaded.
        I think it’s just sandbagging. I doubt UWF will have a rebuilding year. Surely they will be in playoff contention.

Delta State, in my opinion, may be over ranked. We do have some good returning starters, but with how inconsistent DSU has been over the last decade, it may be hard to replicate last year’s results.
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X