• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWA at Limestone

I think we get our butts handed to us.

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
    I think we get our butts handed to us.
    Look again, Bubba ugly ugly UWA win27-13
    Last edited by Larold; 09-09-2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

It wasn't that bad. One ugly is sufficient, I think.

Comment

You UWA folks are interesting. I can’t figure you out. You rant when your team loses to a top 5 team but go silent when you beat a playoff team by 14 on the road? It’s like you all just want to lose so you have something to complain about? I mean I get the one guy who just wants the coaches gone because they didn’t play him but I thought the rest of you were fans lol.
        Anyway maybe y’all are just all mad since Alabama got whipped. I bet you are all posting on the Alabama boards this weekend. 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by VSUBlaze View Post
          You UWA folks are interesting. I can’t figure you out. You rant when your team loses to a top 5 team but go silent when you beat a playoff team by 14 on the road? It’s like you all just want to lose so you have something to complain about? I mean I get the one guy who just wants the coaches gone because they didn’t play him but I thought the rest of you were fans lol.
          Anyway maybe y’all are just all mad since Alabama got whipped. I bet you are all posting on the Alabama boards this weekend. 🤣
          OK this one is almost as funny as the poster who called Robert(aka Bobby Banjo) Guitar a genious.

Some of those moaning.groaning, ranting UWA fans you mention, probably learned a good bit of that from some of your VSU counterparts last season. Remember? The world was ending, it was OVER. What was Herb thinking?? Who got the strawberries?(OK for the 99%'s... ref Caine Mutiny)

Thanks for the Sunday morning pick me up. It's too early for a Bloody Mary.

War Eagle

Comment

I didn’t realize that Limestone was a playoff team, I had no idea that last year’s team had any bearing on this year’s team. This is great!!

On another note, do you use regular windex or something commercial for your glass house? Be careful around the rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

I didn’t realize that Limestone was a playoff team, I had no idea that last year’s team had any bearing on this year’s team. This is great!!

On another note, do you use regular windex or something commercial for your glass house? Be careful around the rocks!
              Good One!
              Last edited by Larold; 09-10-2023, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

!
                If you have a lot of starters back why wouldn’t it?

Comment

We were trash last year, so what should we have been saying? But I'm on y'alls side it's been years of marginal success, so I understand Tiger fans' discontent.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                    We were trash last year, so what should we have been saying? But I'm on y'alls side it's been years of marginal success, so I understand Tiger fans' discontent.
                    No, no...what was being said last season was appropriate. All I was trying to point out is "when people ain't happy, they b##ch" and it seems to be UWA's turn to ask some of the same questions asked last year around VSU.

I have to say that UWA ALUM'S "Glass house, windex"comment was appropriate as well....

Comment

Hey, I'm happy for the W. Don't get me wrong, very happy. Always happy for any W. My issue is this. Coach G has gone since his first year 5-6, 7-4, 7-4, 10-3(Won GSC), 8-4, 6-5, 7-4 and 5-6. I expect, as a fan and alumni, to steadily improve, or perhaps I should say be competitive consistently. The 5-6 and 6-5 were a little concerning to me. Sure, would I love us to win a Natty, of course, but is that realistic? I know its possible, but not sure what the Vegas line would be on that. So, instead, I expect 7-10 wins any given year, with being competitive in the L games. We were not competitive in the 2nd half against Angelo. Also, Limestone was without their QB1 and I'm curious how that game would have come out if he had been there. He gave fits to UWG I do believe. If we beat NGU this saturday, which I do not think we will, but if we do, then I might start feeling a tiny bit better for the rest of the year. In addition, I'm very disappointed in our offense. The running game is just non existent and has been for years. For whatever reason we have been a RB by committee for several years now and that always is a negative at least imo. We had Demetrius Battle last year and he was a beast, but rarely used. As you VSU fans post all the time RTDB and play defense. Our defense is good again, perhaps great, IF we can complement it with a better then avg offense. Listen, at the end of the day, I'm a fan and a couch QB, as well as impatient and perhaps irrational when it comes to my team. If we had L to Angelo by 3 or 7 win the ones I feel like we should win, we would end up 7-4 or 8-3 consistently with maybe an occasional GSC championship. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Lol that was never my stance I actually played. Didn’t start but was high on the rotation and appeared in more than 15 games during my 2 year tenure. They won I have nothing to say but great game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post

Hey, I'm happy for the W. Don't get me wrong, very happy. Always happy for any W. My issue is this. Coach G has gone since his first year 5-6, 7-4, 7-4, 10-3(Won GSC), 8-4, 6-5, 7-4 and 5-6. I expect, as a fan and alumni, to steadily improve, or perhaps I should say be competitive consistently. The 5-6 and 6-5 were a little concerning to me. Sure, would I love us to win a Natty, of course, but is that realistic? I know it’s possible, but not sure what the Vegas line would be on that. So, instead, I expect 7-10 wins any given year, with being competitive in the L games. We were not competitive in the 2nd half against Angelo. Also, Limestone was without their QB1 and I'm curious how that game would have come out if he had been there. He gave fits to UWG I do believe. If we beat NGU this saturday, which I do not think we will, but if we do, then I might start feeling a tiny bit better for the rest of the year. In addition, I'm very disappointed in our offense. The running game is just non existent and has been for years. For whatever reason we have been a RB by committee for several years now and that always is a negative at least imo. We had Demetrius Battle last year and he was a beast, but rarely used. As you VSU fans post all the time RTDB and play defense. Our defense is good again, perhaps great, IF we can complement it with a better then avg offense. Listen, at the end of the day, I'm a fan and a couch QB, as well as impatient and perhaps irrational when it comes to my team. If we had L to Angelo by 3 or 7 win the ones I feel like we should win, we would end up 7-4 or 8-3 consistently with maybe an occasional GSC championship. Just my 2 cents.
                          I agree, word for word.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X