Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Georgia at West Florida

West Georgia travels to Pensacola to try to extend the visiting win streak to 8-0 in this series. The visiting team has won every game between these two teams! The Wolves won 69-0 in 2016, 27-7 in 2018 and 30-26 the last time they visited in 2021, all at Blue Wahoo stadium. This game is the first one on the UWF campus and the Argos look to end this visitors streak and open their GSC schedule with a win. The weather is expected to be clear and a big crowd is expected also.

The Wolves bring the #2 GSC rushing attack to Penn Air field along with two QB playing hot potato with playing time and the football. The Argos counter with the #1 GSC rushing and total defense along with stability at QB.

The Argos pass more than the Wolves, throw fewer picks and sack the QB way more than the Wolves. The Argos turnover ratio is 0 and the Wolves are -4. The Argos have greater depth in size and upperclassmen on both sides of the line and their four man D front is effective even without their blitzing. Both teams have excellent skill players and the game may be decided by which QB can get the ball to their skill players the most.

The teams kicking and return game is roughly the same and the Argos do 50 more yards of yellow laundry per game and a lot of these penalties have been untimely drive killers. The Red zone offense is identical but the Argo red zone D is much better, 1-3 vs 7-9.

One interesting anomaly with the Wolves is their time of possession is only 22 minutes per game vs 30 for the Argos. The only reasonable explanation for a running team to be so low is it must be due to turning the ball over a lot, which they have done 8 times so far.

I expect both teams will try to run the ball a lot and throw a little to feel each other out. The Argos will be trying to slow the Wolves running game to force the Wolves to throw so they can get to the QB and force a few hot potatoes from whoever starts for the Wolves. The Wolves will be hoping the Argos penalize themselves out of scoring drives so the Wolves won’t have to pass too much and can bleed the clock out with their running game. Can’t predict turnovers, but I believe we will see a few and it likely won’t be the Argos, who are stingier with the ball.

Argos will slow the run enough to force some passing turnovers through sacks or picks and won’t be stymied as much by penalties with shorter fields. I also expect the Argo passing game to be much better than last week’s dreadful performance against FAMU that was the worst I’ve seen in dry conditions. Argos break the visitors streak and win by 10.

I really wanted to attend this game, especially if its the last btwn UWG/F but I can't justify paying 20$ or more for my five-year-old to half pay attention and probably force me to leave early. UWG lets kids 5 and under in for free, and a lot of other places have lower-priced tickets for little ones if they aren't free admission. UWF though - full price. Made me sad. :(

Comment

The home team has never won in this series. Here's hoping this tradition doesn't die this season.

Comment

Perfect weather for game-clear skies, low humidity and temps in low 80’s. Looks like big West Georgia crowd on grounds around stadium and fans trickling in now to stadium. Teams warming up and Wolves in all white with red helmets. Argos not dressed yet but have dark blue pants and white helmets with Argo decal on one side and number on the other. GSC tent on visitors sideline with guys with GSC jerseys Hanging out around it.

Comment

Argos in all dark blue with white helmets.

Comment

Wolves win coin toss and defer. Argos get ball. Fresh breeze blowing from south.

Comment

Pee wee throws ball away on third and short. Punt.

Comment

Wolves make good drive to 10 and QB fumbles ball away.

Comment

Argos drive to 1 with benefit of penalties and then push themselves back with penalties out of red zone. Long pass after coach nobles penalized makes it first and goal on one. 6 minutes left in first.

Comment

Big back pushes in for TD. Argos 7-0.

Comment

Wolves QB looks like clone of Pee Wee. Argos force punt and get ball again on own 10.

Comment

7-0 West Florida?
                        <>

Comment

Wolves strip ball from RB in pile and run back for TD. 7-7 with 2 minutes left in first.

Comment

Pee wee bomb to 2.

Comment

TD run to make it Argos 14-7 with 2 minutes in first.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X