Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Regional Rankings! https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Comment

Originally posted by statesmen supporter View Post
      I would not be made at this if it were the final. It would prevent a GSC v GSC round one match up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post

I would not be made at this if it were the final. It would prevent a GSC v GSC round one match up.
        I agree / Go Statesmen!! I feel it very well may be the final rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post

That would be great!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

I believe there is a strong possibility that WFla will be playing Delta and Limestone will be playing Valdosta and LR will play the winner of CIAA game. This is based on travel distance and the fact that 5,6,7 are not actually seeded in any order. That’s what I have been told but it could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              I believe there is a strong possibility that WFla will be playing Delta and Limestone will be playing Valdosta and LR will play the winner of CIAA game. This is based on travel distance and the fact that 5,6,7 are not actually seeded in any order. That’s what I have been told but it could be wrong.
              I fear you’re right, but wish you weren’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                That seems very unfair to both UWF and Delta State. I don't think either team or fanbase would want that 1st round. I think it would be fair to get sent to LR. That's fine. To send West Florida to Delta just seems like it penalizes both schools.
                * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

That seems very unfair to both UWF and Delta State. I don't think either team or fanbase would want that 1st round. I think it would be fair to get sent to LR. That's fine. To send West Florida to Delta just seems like it penalizes both schools.
                  Not to worry, remember, numbers 5, 6 & 7 seeds are in no particular order and the one thing they try to avoid in the first round is rematches. I should add that this is if all teams are within driving distance.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Not to worry, remember, numbers 5, 6 & 7 seeds are in no particular order and the one thing they try to avoid in the first round is rematches. I should add that this is if all teams are within driving distance.
                    Oh gotcha. I misunderstood I guess. Yeah the GSC rematches I'd like to see avoided. Delta, Valdosta and possibly West Florida could all win the region. I wonder the last team to win the region that wasn't in the GSC. I admit to not knowing. Maybe it is more recent than I recall.
                    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Benedict won big, so they pretty much wrapped up the #1 seed.

Comment

A first round rematch with UWF for Delta State!! Will be a great game!! Go Statesmen!! Adding Shepherd made or region harder!

Comment

I don’t understand the switch between Shepherd and Virginia Union. What was the reasoning? I’m assuming it was something to do with travel.

Also, they should have sent UWF to LR to avoid first round rematches. But again, I’m sure this had to do with travel.
                          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

The switch was to avoid travel flights in round 1

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
                              Also, they should have sent UWF to LR to avoid first round rematches. But again, I’m sure this had to do with travel.
                              Typically, they put teams from the same conference on the same side of the bracket to avoid one conference dominating the quarterfinal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Typically, they put teams from the same conference on the same side of the bracket to avoid one conference dominating the quarterfinal.
                                And I still think that’s stupid reasoning. If there is a dominant conference in the region so be it. Let them shine.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X